Vogue Paris May 2009 : Daria Werbowy by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

i don't know why you guys thought the issue looked boring. it looks very exciting to me. i love the cover.

perhaps when it comes to magazine at tfs, we're a bit spoiled. :lol:

However I do feel that since 2009 has started that Vogue Paris and Vogue US have switched roles. Vogue US is opening itself to new cover stars and models, and trying to be a bit more creative with editorials. Meanwhile Vogue Paris recycles the same models, and cover stars are becoming less interesting. To add salt to the wound, the styling is becoming stale because it has not evolved over these past months. Yet I still believe Vogue Paris is superior to Vogue US in quality. However Carine needs to get back on track, she needs some new inspiration. Or perhaps she should introduce new contributors to the magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
... except Raquel and M.A. Sauve's editorial. :heart: I just want to see the full edits. Thanks BerlinRocks!

horrible all of it so far, VP has not really impressed me lately the cover is a let down... 5 pages of hype and that's it

I sort of hate the cover...and Lady Gaga for une fille une style :yuk:

and btw, how many times did I&V shoot daria in the american desert this season ?

a million times ?

Oh wow...

I love Daria but that cover just does not appeal to me, at all. A lot of this issue just doesn't look good to me. :( I like what I see from Karlie, though.

Daria's ed reminds me of images from Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

fasterpussycatkilll.jpg Faster_Pussycat_Kill_Kill.jpg

api.ning.com, livejournal & berlinrocks' snaps

Daria's 4th Vogue cover in this year! I hope she appears in VI cover, too....

I absolutely love the cover and it's so awesome that Daria is literally kicking-as* in the editorial cuz in my opinion she's a kick-*** model.
The rest of the contents look good too, though I am creeped out by the shot of Raquel's not so subtle nip slip

I'm really proud of Daria she has really done well for herself.
Vogue Paris and British May covers. And an editorial dedicated to her in US Vogue.
She's doing Canada proud!

WOW! Daria is so stunning! :heart: I love the cover! Daria's print work this year is pretty impressive inspite her absence at the runway shows.

At least Marie-Amélie Sauvé is back at Vogue Paris!
But indeed Vogue Paris is becoming more predictable this year... And this issue is ridiculously thin!:shock: The consequence of finance crisis? Still I'm buying this.

The cover is not terrible, just not what I was expecting. To me, it's actually a little underwhelming, even if Daria's expression is pure genius. Those cheekbones, those EYES! She looks like a predator staring at her prey in the jungle! Still, it is not the usual blockbuster cover that VP delivers-probably due to the much too casual and blah styling. It actually looks like a cover to a different magazine, maybe UK Vogue...

The B-movie vixen theme of Daria's ed is great, but it could have been executed a lot better. And the styling is mediocre. Hopefully she wears more than just jean shorts and a vest in the rest of the shots!

Eva's edit looks interesting, but a little out of place. And the Karlie (Jac?) edit looks plain messy and ridiculous. What is that hat?

My favorite styling wise is the Raquel/Juergen edit. Raquel looks very Jerry Hall gorgeous. And I always love Juergen's work.

Still, from the preview, I am a bit disappointed. Hopefully the rest of the content is a little more uplifting!

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much Berlinrocks :flower:!

so in one day they did balmain, isabel marant and vogue!!

i dont know if daria' ed is so good, but certainly it's so funny! and she must have had a lot of fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->