Vogue Paris May 2012 : Laetitia Casta by Mario Testino

Valentine27

Reaction score
laetitia_casta_4051_north_382x.jpg

vogueparis.tumblr.com

Very safe, very 90's, very boring.

This is Emanuelle's best cover but why Laetitia? I wish someone more relevant had snagged this one.

Actually, I kind of like this. It's simple and pretty. I don't have high expectations for Vogue Paris anymore, clearly. :lol:

I love the scheme of blue and white...it's simple and fresh. And I don't mind Laetitia on covers one bit as long as she looks this gorgeous.

The cover loos simple, clean, pure & safe, me too no expecting more amazing covers with the direction of Emmanuelle i like the cover, look very David Sims

Pretty, but boring cover. Nonetheless, it will sell well.

What a boring model choice. I mean she looks great but I would have prefered a model from this period, or at least someone fresh.

Laetita's Vogue Paris cover under Carine...the Dec/Jan one is so reflective of the 2 different styles these EIC have. I must say this isn't bad but just very, very safe and bland. Nothing really excites and maybe VP is losing their lustre...did like the October cover with Sasha though! I've always come to expect you know ethereal, quintessentially French flair with VP covers but that could be me still recovering from the saturation of SEX Carine presented. VP just needs a little more flavour as the past 3 covers have all been studio shoots.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Honestly though, this cover may be bland but it's worlds better than her last cover with Carine. That cover might have been the worst cover under her editorship.

I love this, Laetitia looks accessible yet flirtatious, I love the simplicity and they always get the amount of text and the placement just right, I really cannot fault this at all...

This is just an OK cover which is fine because Vogue Paris under Alt always borders mediocre/bland and just OK. The saddest part is that Alt's best work for VP is just OK.

It's pretty and the image would be great for a Gap ad or something of the like, but for a Vogue Paris cover a pretty image of a random model/actress is just not enough. It's too boring and forgettable. And to put her on the cover when the theme is "actrices françaises sublimées" almost seems a bit like a joke when there are so many French actresses who are indeed sublime and would probably have made a more interesting cover subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it
Thanks god it's not Poly, Rubik, Muse, Moss or any other overused VP regular by M&M or I&V. So sick of them all already.

This sure came quick after the last issue. I don't know what to think, it's a bit plain for my liking, it certainly isn't bad though. It screams safe to me, where's the risk? Laetita looks fine, maybe it's just me but she ever so slightly reminds of Natalie Portman.

the colours are nice and so is the layout, laetita looks pretty but it's quite a boring image.

i actually like it.. it's safe indeed but also very striking, it's a beautiful picture of Laetitia -_-
much better than last issue with Doutzen (that one was awkward:doh:), above average for VP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->