Vogue Paris May 2012 : Laetitia Casta by Mario Testino

Very Testino. Nice, classic, simple, elegant - Laetitia looks absolutely stunning! This will definitely stand out on the news stands! The white and blue mix gives it a very fresh, late spring/early summer feeling, especially with that flawless hair and make-up! The gold buttons on the cuffs of the blazer are a gorgeous little detail!!

I have a feeling everyone's comparing too much, and people have too many (quite silly) issues with Emmanuelle's style. But let's face it - they've experienced some good turn around since Carine left, simply because Alt can do what Carine couldn't, and that is make fashion accessible. Yes, it looks commercial, yes, it's not as edgy as Carine's VP was, but at the end of the day, Conde Nast want positive results with minimal controversy. And Alt can do that, without completely patronizing her reader, which is very admirable!

The magazine is a business, and Alt is proving to be not only a good editor, but also a shrewd forecaster - she knows what people want, and more importantly, need in this time of economic turmoil. Fashion might be about fantasy 90% of the time, but people have to be logical about this...

Vogue Paris needs to put a new face on the cover. Shake things up a little. I mean supermodels are lovely but I feel like they should do something unexpected. The 4 latest covers have been Laetitia, Doutzen, Natalia, Daria and Kate. It's time for a new face!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ohmycolin: While you have some valid points, like when you say that she makes things very accessible to her readers; Alt is everything but a forecaster.

She shows what she likes and as it is very relateable (not to say basic), it appeals to a large audience. I wouldn't call that being a forecaster.

Moreover, people should stop with the "it's a business argument". Being commercial shouldn't be the opposite of being creative! It doesn't make it okay to produce bland things! I never thought I would say that one day but I enjoy reading US Vogue -which is the epitome of a commercial mag- waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I enjoy flicking through VP!

looks like any other silly magazine out there. could be anything from people to glamour to allure. paris vogue honestly doesn't even matter that much anymore. so repetitive and stale.

I think LC looks alluring on the cover. Might not be the best but I think overall, it's satisfactory.

I think most people's biggest problem (myself included) is that Vogue Paris is not longer that magazine. The magazine that every new issue got 30 pages of responses here, that you wanted to make avatars and wallpapers of every single ed; the magazine that once the new issue hit the shelves in your area, you'd get two copies: one to store and one to tear out so that you can put your favorite pictures on your bedroom wall. Vogue Paris was that kind of magazine for so many years, and people are having a hard time adjusting to this beautiful but vapid and bland magazine. It will take some time, but hopefully we'll get accept it for what it is.

i love this :heart:

the clean look is so great...
and whether she's on there as a model or an actress, i'm glad to see that laetitia snagged the cover...

there's a wonderful maturity in her gaze...
and i love when an "older" (not that laetitia is really very old) gets on a magazine cover...
and an "older" model that isn't kate moss :P
laetitia is less expected...

it can be such a nice change of pace from all these ephemeral teenaged models

Beautiful photo of Laetitia and perfect for May but doesn't seem like a Testino photo at all.

I'm honestly not missing all the boobs and cigarettes of the Carine era. It was just as cliche and lost its edge near the end of her reign.

I like when a photo fully captures rather than obscures the true beauty of a model. This portrait is nice. My one gripe is the white background. It's way too much like Elle magazine.

It's also great to see a woman with a strong eyes contact with the camera. It's like the new generation of models do not know how to express something with their eyes.

The same comments in every VP thread each month, by the same people. The fact is, Carine isn't coming back and the magazine has taken a new direction. The content hasn't even been revealed and people are already "bored"...:innocent:

I'm bored with hearing the same old story...

Very 90s minimalistic, I don't think this cover is bad at all. Emmanuelle hasn't produce a bad cover imo
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess it appeals to the mainstream, and that's why Alt hasn't been fired yet.. but VP shouldn't be so commercial.

To me the best French fashion magazine in the 90's was... Glamour! Than vogue Paris came number 2. Now French Vogue is looking a lot like French glamour used to look like back in the 90's and this since Emmanuelle is the editor-in-chief and to me that's
1# a compliment to say it
2# back to basics ans simplicity like only Emmanuelle can do
3# She loves Laetitia - Her first cover was for 20 ans when she was 15- when Emmanuelle was the editor-in-chief & the woman deserves extra bonus points for that! :D
4 # Now when I read Vogue it doesn't scream at me anymore "You are not rich and snob and Parisiènne enough to read me! Go read Marie-Claire!"

:cry:Mean mean Vogue

A very simple and beautiful cover. Laetitia looks amazing here.

I'm speechless...this could be my fav cover this year so far:buzz:

I know it even could be boring but the shot itself is flawless^^

The more I look at this cover, the more I like it. Very strong. And a French model on the cover of French Vogue. Imagine that.

preview of Kendra Spears' ed by Knoepfel & Indlekofer:

Aq_Tt_TGb_CIAEU68_Z.jpg

twitter.com/ClaudiaKnoepfel

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->