Vogue Paris May 2019 : Rianne van Rompaey by Mikael Jansson

Ughhh, her again?? No thanks. There are more good models out there. Someone like Binx would’ve nailed this.

So funny. Terrible cover.
' I was on this African safari and my guide is telling me about this poacher who was killed by an elephant and his remains were eaten by lions, hey... what...wait...I forgot to put on my pants this morning. If I had a nickel for every time that happened'
There is an artistic and sexy way to do nudity, this is Not it.

I remember VI covers with Lisa Cant, Karen Elson or Elise Crombez, for two or three consecutive months! But yeah, it's quite boring to see the same girls over and over when there are thousands of models in the industry. The excuse of VI was Meisel, the same photographer behind every cover. The other Vogues (now all) has different photographers. By the way, nobody notice Mikael shoot the covers of American, British and French Vogue???

i think she looks great, but i'm not particularly feeling the mood of this cover

Bottomless styling doesn't sell with Rianne...call me old school I would rather see a VS model.

Oh wow, that is gorgeous. All this brown and yet it looks tropical, cozy and lush. But I mistakenly thought this was the March thread and got surprised when I saw a different cover before realizing that this is her second one this year.

oh dear... somebody! help the girl to find her knickers! I think it would have worked better if she was completely naked or wore a two-piece swimsuit or something... It looks like the stylist ran out of time... sort of unfinished. Or maybe they got the suitcases mixed because she must be damn hot in that jumper...

Her facial expression made the photo strange and not sexy, Rianne is beautiful but she doesn't have sex appeal and she naked doesn't add nothing to the photo, I'm not convinced of that hat with the braid and the fact of being her again in a short period of time... Bad choices, bad results!

I love Rianne and I can't get enough of her, but I think this is absolutely terrible.
Her face/facial expression looks really bad, imo.
A really bad shot and a big no for me. I have yet to see a good Vogue cover from her. (the only one I remember is that VI one by Meisel that was good)

rianne looks like she was abandoned sick in the middle of a savanna (just look at her hand)... i can imagine carine pulling off something like this back in the day. to me, this is not sexy, let alone sensual, a shot like this would have required a little more effort.

Oh for goodness sake what's with all the overthinking? Maybe she visited a safari, met a hot stranger and decided to f*ck in the little car thing, it literally doesn't matter. I can't recall the last time there was any sign of storytelling on a Vogue cover. At least this one looks better than decent. Can't wait to see the editorial

How many times have we seen Alt do this theme? She's such a one-trick pony, even if every once in a blue moon her editorials are good (usually we can bet on that being the photographer let off of their (denim) leash and not her being inspired). This is exactly the same thematically as last May with Anna, also by Mikael! Don't get me started on the panty-less-ness of the shot which renders it an editorial tearsheet at best!

I'm feeling overloaded with Jansson at the moment; I fear he'll get Testino-ed out soon. I know these snappers have to make the ends meet, but it's sad because only a decade ago this man was a treasure when he was working almost exclusively with Templer, Cortina and Enninful for US Vogue every now and again. Now three Vogue covers in a month, but they're all a mess :(.

This is just the following of Out of Africa by Saglio in the April issue...
More than that, it’s the following of multiple eds by VP with the same setting and always a blonde (more or less).

Where is Barbieri?

That wellness supplement is stunning! Would’ve loved it for the main cover, though maybe they’re waiting for June/July.

Now that May is out of the way, Alt better deliver next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->