Vogue Paris November 2003 : Diana Dondoe by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

^i don't get your post ....
being the son of a David Hamilton's fan (my father got a collection of his books. but i don't know i can actually call him a fan) I really don't see the similarities btw Diana's cover and David Hamilton, at all !!!!
nor I can see the ressemblance btw L'Oreal aesthetic and Hamilton's ones (for an hommage to David Hamilton, check recent editorial of Mario Sorrenti starring Lara Stone and styled by E. Alt in recent Vogue Paris' pages).

but maybe i got your post all wrong Les Sucettes and you're talking about something else, non ?

EDIT : you're talking about something totaly different. and no I didn't have the chance to get that supplement, as at this time i wasn't a vp suscriber ....
but to be honest, i don't understand why people are so angry at David Hamilton's images. this thing is just a big deal for some years but back in the 70s, i'm not sure there was such a big drama !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
^i don't get your post ....
being the son of a David Hamilton's fan (my father got a collection of his books. but i don't know i can actually call him a fan) I really don't see the similarities btw Diana's cover and David Hamilton, at all !!!!
nor I can see the ressemblance btw L'Oreal aesthetic and Hamilton's ones (for an hommage to David Hamilton, check recent editorial of Mario Sorrenti starring Lara Stone and styled by E. Alt in recent Vogue Paris' pages).

but maybe i got your post all wrong Les Sucettes and you're talking about something else, non ?

EDIT : you're talking about something totaly different. and no I didn't have the chance to get that supplement, as at this time i wasn't a vp suscriber ....
but to be honest, i don't understand why people are so angry at David Hamilton's images. this thing is just a big deal for some years but back in the 70s, i'm not sure there was such a big drama !!!

I did not said that the "hommage" was to David Hamilton, it was an "hommage" to every single cover of the 80s.:flower: And i wrote "hommage" as an Euphemism for the true and real word "Copy".

I do not see the drama also, but do i think is a good idea for a L'oreal supplement, no, it sounds gratuitous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Model: Diana Dondoe
Photographer:Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin
Source:kes-ke Livejournal

Review:
Diana Dondoe - Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin
Nataliva Vodianova - Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin
Isabeli Fontana - by Mario Sorrenti
Alice Dellal - by Mario Testino
Dewi Driegen - by Jock Sturges
Adina Folin - by Terry Tsiolis
Hana Soukupova - by Anthony Ward