Vogue Paris November 2014 : Adriana Lima by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Right and this forceful attempt to make a comeback after a semi- successful LOVE cover just fails on all possible fields of fashion.

She never went away. She´s been working in high fashion (alongside VS) for a lot longer than her recent LOVE cover. In the past 5 years alone: campaigns for Givenchy, Blumarine, Donna Karan, Miu Miu. Covers for Vogue Spain, Vogue Brazil, Vogue Italia, Bazaar, Elle, Numero. Been photographed by Steven Meisel, Peter Lindbergh, Ellen von Unwerth, Patrick Demarchelier, I&V, Mario Testino to name a few...
People might not like her beauty or this cover or her body of work but to say or imply that she doesn´t have a place in VP is just wrong imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Adriana is a welcome change to the usual VP cover subjects.
This! It's nice to see Adriana rather than any more cover of Kate Moss/Lara/Daria/Natasha on repeat, I'm not hating them tho, but it's nice to see someone fresh. Is it her first VP cover?

Adriana has happened, but she has happened this year. Before, her HF work was just anecdotal and barely had any Vogue cover.

Adriana is very much happening. Whether one sees it or not is completely irrelevant to her success.

This! It's nice to see Adriana rather than any more cover of Kate Moss/Lara/Daria/Natasha on repeat, I'm not hating them tho, but it's nice to see someone fresh. Is it her first VP cover?

It is her first!

LMAOOO are people really saying "stop trying to make Adriana happen"? Like, are you seriously? This is ADRIANA LIMA, a recognizable worldwide name/face.

Bashing Adriana Lima will not make her less successful than she already is. Designers and photographers love her and it's much better to have this beautiful amazona on the cover than some random and uninspiring model that will last two seconds. Like we have seen many many times.

image.png

fashioncopious

can't help but think of this, basically same image, much better execution, anna by demarchelier for interview. I'm indifferent to Lima, not fond of this cover, and I find it funny/odd that for both her VI and VP covers they've put her in some sort of full headgear.

^^^ These guys sure love love love fashion, but they don't have an original bone in their body: Everything they shoot is an homage to something-- or a rip-off.

This is an awful cover. I don't expect much from VP anymore but I couldn't believe this was an actual VOGUE cover. At BEST this could a mall magazine cover. Every aspect of it secretes neophytism.

Not my favorite cover, I think I agree with the people who are bored with the gray background.

But really, what's up with all the hate for Adriana? She's been working for more than a decade and is one of the most recognizable models even to the non-fashionista, so I think she deserves a VP cover just as much (or even more) than some of the past cover girls of this magazine.

I wouldn't consider this a rip off of that Anna Ewers shot anymore than I would consider any other image that uses the same piece of clothing a rip off. Are all those shots of that ugly Prada coat a rip off of one another??

Bashing Adriana Lima will not make her less successful than she already is. Designers and photographers love her and it's much better to have this beautiful amazona on the cover than some random and uninspiring model that will last two seconds. Like we have seen many many times.

I do not think so. I much prefer to see a new striking fresh face that i wont see ever again, that someone that is basically a celebrity. I never understood why people are constantly pinning for the time of the model-celebrity era, everyone seems to have conveniently forgot (or are too young) how tremendously tacky everything became and why we went to the polar opposite for a while. And Adriana is very much tacky.

I don't get why so many of you are this upset over 1 cover. She's an established model that has been working over 15 years and this is her first Vogue Paris cover, it's not like she's going to be on every single cover for the next 5 years. There are a lot of models who are overexposed when it comes to certain clients and she is not one of them. I find this refreshing and I'm just happy to see something a little unexpected.

shes gorgeous and recognizable in the industry and outside of it. If anything, I think she the perfect subject. This is her first VP cover and she is nowhere near overexposed as these newbies that disappear after a few seasons.

Stop with Adriana already. It ain't gonna happen.

i mean shes been walking international runways since the early 2000s i think she already happened about a decade ago...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't consider this a rip off of that Anna Ewers shot anymore than I would consider any other image that uses the same piece of clothing a rip off. Are all those shots of that ugly Prada coat a rip off of one another??

Exactly. How else was Alt supposed to style the piece? Anything else and it would of overshadowed it and been too busy for the cover shot. I think the makeup look compliments the Dolce & Gabbana piece enough and I disagree that Adriana appears as though she's just come out of a fight. She looks fantastic!

The styling is too literal. The pose, the makeup, and the headpiece looks more costume than fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->