Vogue Paris November 2015 : Mica Arganaraz by Mario Testino

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by miguelalmeida, Oct 19, 2015.

1. WilliamsLe010919

WilliamsLe010919 Active Member

It is still eligible for Tiffies right? I want to nominate it for Worst Cover of the year category :lol:
    Everything's wrong on this cover. The photo, the lighting, the font, the color...

2. Creative

Creative Well-Known Member

What the f***!

3. DelicateFlower

It's a great summer cover!

...oh wait.

Mica looks really good though.

It's nice to see happy on a cover I guess!

4. Creative

Creative Well-Known Member

I think I haven't digested the cover yet (too much uglyness), but I need to make a proper comment. I have to say that maybe it's one of the ugliest covers I've seen from a bluechip glossy.

Everything is so wrong. That's not a cover image. It's beyond messy! It hurts my eyes. I really can't understand how a 'pro' team can send out a cover like this. It's beyond my understanding.

And a graphic designer saying YES to that font, to that layout. :eek: I really want to know who is in charge of the graphic direction of the magazine... He really needs to find another job.

Plus, it feels beyond dated and beyond cheap. I would expect a cover like that from Vogue Portugal or Hellas. And that dress must be burn in hell.

And Alt really doesn't have an style, does she? She really doesn't know what her Vogue Paris is about. ZERO VISION. One month is one thing, one month is another one. It really has no identity.

I'm honestly tired of commenting about Vogue Paris because I feel it's not worthy anymore and nothing will change. But at the same time I can't help it.

Alt is such a joke as EIC. What a disaster her magazine is.

#24 Creative, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited by moderator : Oct 19, 2015
  5. LastNight

LastNight Active Member

It kind of feels like an old Vogue Paris cover. It reminds me of some of the more weird or interesting cover choices Carine would have made in her early years at the magazine. The image seems like old-school Testino in a way. I don't know what to think about it. I feel like I'm meant to dislike it because the individual elements are all a bit off...but I kind of enjoy it at the same time.

#25 LastNight, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited by moderator eceren: Oct 19, 2015
  6. zacatecas570

zacatecas570 Well-Known Member

Mica and that HIDEOUS hair.

7. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

let's be happy that they DO switch it up otherwise we get a vogue uk/us situation :doh:

8. fluxxx

fluxxx Well-Known Member

This is tacky and messy but also full of energy. I kinda like it

9. fierrousa

fierrousa Member

WoW . So happy for Mica !
    I guess that she has become the most successful model from Argentina. A Vogue Paris Cover is really a milestone of any model career. You could tell Alt really loves her being featured in almost every issue during the last year. But i thought she she would be another unlucky girl like as Raquel, Karlie,etc because of her unconventional look. Glad I didnt gave up my hope:).
    Also interesting that is by Testino ( i dont recall any collaboration with Mica before) and taking a totally different direction from the masculine tomboy we are used to see her on the runaway or Alt shoots.
    Love the vibe of the cover, smiling in couture and shiny outdoors. Escaping from Koller and Sims aesthetics of later. I wish the editorial will be multi-girl and turn out as fun the one with Edita and Anya a couple of years ago
    Sadly the layout is a mess and that typo is horrendous as many as u said before.
    But as an argentinian myself I am here rooting for Mica !

10. GlamVal

GlamVal New Member

She looks like Vanessa Hudgens, I love the colors.

11. Nymphaea

Nymphaea Well-Known Member

Really ugly cover, wouldn't even enjoy the pic if it was only in an editorial. The dress looks awful waist up, too much going on on the whole cover - feels like a mess and you don't see anything from Mica, only some limbs and hair.

12. jj36

jj36 Member

She got a cover before Karlie...:shock:

At least its hideous as hell

13. jescajade

jescajade Member

VP tried to make a fun energetic cover, it's loud okay but soooo dated and far too messy. Every issue you notice more and more how hard the magazine is struggling with its identity.

14. justaguy

justaguy Well-Known Member

Looks like they took everything they had in the studio, threw it on the cover, and this is what stuck!

Totally get what they tried to accomplish here. Yes, there's lots of energy and yes, Mica looks great and is having a fun, but this just doesn't make for a good cover.

15. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

Not every model fits every magazine, no matter how talented they are imo. Karlie doesnt seem to be a VP favorite, the only recent ed that comes to mind is one by Hans and that one was long ago (am I forgetting something?). So in doesnt make any sense that she would get a cover over Mica, does it? (Raquel on the other hand..).

16. Polevshchikova

Polevshchikova New Member

MTE! also the fonts looks very VP around 2002/2003, the whole cover is so messy.

17. hfgl

hfgl there is no fear

The font. The font! Awful. For a second, i thought it was a 2000's cover of Luciana Curtis.-

18. burbuja8910

burbuja8910 Well-Known Member

Afwul cover, Mica looks great but it doesn't like from VP, could be a issue of Conde Nast Traveler? Ugh, the font is horrible.

19. narcyza

narcyza Active Member

Yeah, it's so messy cover. And it really reminds me Vogue Portugal too.

20. phungnam96

phungnam96 Active Member

:neutral:
    I have no word for this.