Vogue Paris November 2015 : Mica Arganaraz by Mario Testino

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by miguelalmeida, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Hahaha, I know, right, it's what I loathe most about her. Like Kate said, I'm just glad it's over now so we can move on. I mean as much as I can tolerate this cover, I doubt it'll perform well. She wont be getting another one soon, I'm sure.

2. djowodjo30

djowodjo30 Active Member

Karlie was in May 2015 editorial, part of that Alt main editorial. She also in February issue. And quite regular in 2014, she was in March, April, may, october, november issue!

3. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

^ wow, I stand corrected then. But then again, I've never seen Karlie's appeal... she's as forgettable to me as any other model to other people.

4. testinofan

testinofan ███████████████

The photo is full of life, fun,loved, the problem is me never choise this photo for a cover and this layout

5. Sensation

Sensation V.I.P.

I don't really care for Mica, but I like the cover.

6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Seriously? Lol. Your personal bias aside, surely you must admit that Karlie is perhaps one of the most versatile top models to emerge over the past few years! What's more, she's done quite a few memorable features for this very magazine. Can you say the same about Mica? Doubt it. To even dare to justify her over Karlie is laughable. I have nothing against new faces, and I quite warmed to Anna because at least what she's done for VP actually differs from one month to another. Mica on the other hand, well, let's just say even with a slew of VP edits under her belt, the first time I saw her forehead was in US Vogue (a stunning shot, btw).

7. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

^ I agree Karlie's a top model but like I said in a post below, to me she's forgettable. Mica's work captures me more than Karlie's. So I wasnt trying to justify anything, simply thought that Karlie wasnt a favorite of VP. Because that is one factor that comes up when a model gets a cover, isnt it?

If you want to see more of Mica's forehead check out her Prada ads ;)

8. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Guess it was only a matter of time before Mica was to get the cover of Vogue Paris, since Emmanuelle Alt's obsessed with her! I can't say that I'm overwhelmed by the cover, either. There's just far too much going on! Not to mention they've introduced yet another new font. Vogue Paris is rapidly loosing its identity (or I'm just disliking Alt's new direction). A thumbs down from me, I'm afraid.

9. dcmaike

dcmaike Member

I can't stand any woman on the cover of VP until Raquel gets one...

10. anlabe32

anlabe32 Well-Known Member

She's so pretty when her hair is out of her face... too bad that rarely happens.

This is ugly, over the top, way too summer-y. And who makes that awful dress?

11. Les_Sucettes

Les_Sucettes Well-Known Member

I love Mica's hair, and I can totally understand Alt, I have nothing against Karlie, but I would take Mica a million times over her.

The font on the other hand has no excuse.

12. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

And there goes another Vogue Paris, destroyed by Testino. I'm really quitting Vogue. All of them.

13. Ed..

Ed.. cape cod kwassa kwassa!

I love the cover. It's nice to see a cover that is not so serious-looking.

14. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I actually like this kind of photography from Testino. It reminds me of his cover of Catherine McNeil. I don't know why...

As for Mica, i wasn't a fan of her at first. She was always very dead and moody in all her eds and on the runway but the Tom Ford video made me see a side of her i didn't expect. She was full of life and joy.

This capture what side that i loved about that video.

She has a very parisian allure so she fits the mag very well. Not to mention, she is the face of Sandro and a favorite of Isabel Marant...You couldn't do more french.

I'm more concerned by the dress. It looks like a Cavalli dress from 2004...That Versace collection is really a disaster.

15. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

The gown is extremely overwhelming and odd in terms of styling for the setting. As for the image, I love it surprisingly. The energy and happiness Mica exuding is infectious.

I believe Rianne van Rompaey is apart of the main editorial with Mica.

16. Creative

Creative Well-Known Member

But that's because those brands are artistic directed by Atelier Frank Durand (Alt's husband's) and styled by people working for Vogue Paris (not always). That's why they favour the same girls all the time.

17. navyvelvetbowtie

navyvelvetbowtie Active Member

I need to Eternal-Sunshine-of-a-Spotless-Mind this cover image from my head asap

18. mariemaud

mariemaud Active Member

appart from her smile, i don't like anything
    it reminds me vogue spain/portugal or whatever
    the fonts look like a digital magazine
    they should have done a portrait cover as CR did with Anna Maria U and Rose Cordero to introduice her properly

19. thatsfierce

thatsfierce Well-Known Member

I kind of liked it :ninja:. I'm happy for Mica, but at the same time it make me think: "You have Raquel Z, but you give the cover to Mica..."
    Anyway, I like the energy of the cover.

20. Kanna

Kanna ...

Festive and energetic vibe works perfectly here, yet it's not my cup of tea.