Vogue Paris November 2017 : Rianne van Rompaey by Inez & Vinoodh

They managed to do the worst example of warping text I've seen. talent what?

This is nauseating. Ugly as sin and completely irrelevant.

Well thatsa Wierd Cover! Love Rianne but this not the best way to have VP cover. Is it Aleksandra first cover ? It has a feel of one of hers Le Monde cover early this year also with Rianne by I&V.
I really support Alt in trying diferent style, concepts and models for the covers aduring th last 2 years. like Giselle summer cover, Luna, Isselin and Valentina march cover.
I surely prefer Alt tanking chances than being as sterile as others Vogue editions.

I love it too. Very fresh.

Rianne's eyes are so intense. They pop off the page.

Well, it IS eye catching, that's for sure...

Ugh, hate her 80s thing but I love this cover. The layout is something different for sure.

Giving me Guy Bourdin on acid and I dont mind it at all.

The only way to salvage this would have been to sell it as a high fashion Pennywise. :lol:

Now this is fun.

Good to see Emmanuelle livening up a Vogue, even if she is blatantly trolling with the typography (which is very 1981 Letraset).

70-80's style done in a bad way....It's especially sad considering talents like Guy Bourdin used to work for this amazing title in the 70's now it has becomed like this crap:sick:

I love it. It's completely horrifying and garish and absurd ... but at least it's different and refreshing. It would sure as hell catch my attention on the newsstand. And I don't see the complaints about the background - doesn't look fake to me.

Whomever said "high-fashion Pennywise" nailed it.

This THISSSSSS is SO SO SO BAD !!! From the layout to the colors to the model and hair and makeup !!! BLOODY AWFUL !!! WTH?!!! All of you do MUCH better covers in the challenge than this team.

I hate myself because I like it... it’s funny. It’s creepy. Be my goodness something about it is just so good.

I actually really like this too! Obviously very 80's but it's a striking image of Rianne. Also I love her and I love Venice so that's a great match!

I think that people have forgotten that Inez & Vinoodh are masters of kitsch, for me this perfectly encapsulates that side of their work, it's an impactful cover, it's unapologetically campy and that type enhances the cheesy 80's vibe. They've never been afraid to make models look creepy or stepping out off the line from now and then, and for me it payed off this time. The composition is key to understand the image, she looks as if she's been twirling along the canal, on acid and is just about to tumble into the water. Trashy in the best way possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
This cover screams Vogue Italia!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->