Vogue Paris October 2010 : Lara Stone by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

is there a chance to see the images from the supplement somewhere???????

^I don't know if i want to... it'll make me even sadder that i won't get it.

I feel like that about the covers supplement from a few months ago.

So I was sifting through books and newspapers at a used book store. When I came across this

n222264.jpg

This isn't the cover, but it comes pretty close, no? The mask, the bare flesh, the crossing of the arms. Neither is the cover nor the content EPIC. It is a bit pathetic that a magazine of such calibre issued a cover that could be mistaken for a book revolving around engorged flesh every 3 pages for the enjoyment of bored or sexually frustrated women (or men), maybe Carine is one of them.

fantasticfiction.com

The odds of the vogue paris team seeing this and copying it are pretty slim. If you look hard enough, you can find references everywhere.

Of course I know that the folks at VP would have never seen that. That is not what I am questioning. What I find questionable is that for their 90th, the cover could be so uninspiring. Going through the content furthered that notion more. The past 2 years, VP has slowly burned out. As goes with references, it is a lazy one at that.

Attachments

• 90_1.jpg
    90_1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 90_2.jpg
    90_2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 90_3.jpg
    90_3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 90_4.jpg
    90_4.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 35
The supplement is REALLY good, especially for fans of Newton and Bourdin, it is interesting to see what they chose in vs. what was excluded, there were pictures I was certain would make it, but were nowhere to be found and others that were totally new to me. The selection is really impeccable though, so happy to have received a copy.

They dont sell the supplement here in the U.S., well atleast not were I live :(

I loved this cover!!! I liked especially because if you look fast you could mistake her hands for a bustier in a first glance. I love the black and white, how gorgeous Lara Stone is!! French Vogue definitely still the most amazing fashion mag there is!!

omg...it's so heavy! i bought it yesterday. the content is amazing, but i wish i had the supplement...i hope that some people scan it!

I can't scan the supplement since it's too big and it'd take too long, but I took some snaps for those who haven't received it. I'll try to post more tomorrow.

[snaps by me]

Sorry for the quality.

does anyone know where to see the video from the inez & vinnodh shoot?

I just got the issue this past week... The supplement is very good!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"