Vogue Paris October 2018 : Kaia Gerber by Mikael Jansson

It's surely been done a thousand times before 2002 and a thousand times since...

Even 15-year old Anna Maria Urazhevskaya looks more mature and professional than this boring child
HCukP.jpg

livejournal.com

It’s annoying to me that this is her second cover in the same year.
What’s also annoying is how everyone refers to Kaia as a child, yet they still make rude, snarky comments. She’s still growing, the fashion world obviously loves her, even if it’s just because of her mother. I just think the rude and nasty comments are so unnecessary. We can have an opinion without bashing a “child.”
The person to blame here is Emmanuelle Alt. She chose Kaia and she chose this cover, so I really think a lot of the comments are directed at the wrong person anyways. What 17 year old aspiring model wouldn’t take a French Vogue cover, regardless of the ridiculous makeup?

^Agreed. People forget that Kate, Naomi, Gisele or Karlie were children too and yet did a wonderful job. My problem is not Kaia because she managed to be really good (when she was styled by Joe McKenna for British Vogue) but the styling + MU+ art direction give me really a "Montecarlo circus show" vibe. I hope the content will be a bit more interested than the cover but I have a big doubt.

I was immediately reminded of the Anna Maria Urazhevskaya cover too. But I like it nonetheless!

They shd hav gone with 2 issues instead of this confused issue. She does look stunning with either look the 80s style makeup and hair brings back Gia vibes and would have made an excellent cover.

PIC CAROL ALT ig

CaptureER.JPG CaptureEEEEEEEEEEEEE.JPG

Given what we know about the often predatory behavior of those within the world of modeling/fashion/photography and the abuse the young and vulnerable often endure, I'm surprised to see so many brands and magazines continuing to put this child in fashion campaigns for adult clothing and on the cover of magazines aimed at adults.

They should have gone with 2 issues instead of this confused issue.
Definitely! I must say I like the nude makeup look more. The heavier one makes her look like a teen-first-time-at-a-school-dance.

Anja Rubik by David Sims:

Midnight in Monaco
Anna Ewers photographed by Lachlan Bailey and styled by Geraldine Saglio

This photo of Anja Rubik is depressing. Vogue Paris is repeating itself until nausea.

The half nude makeup of Kaia looks like an interesting cover.

Edie Campbell by Mikael Jansson. The second cover.
IMG_5771.JPG
Instagram/EmmanulleAlt

^That’s not an official cover. It’s from a fine jewerly story from inside the issue, and there will be thirteen other ‘covers’ like this too according to Vogue Paris’ Instagram.

^That’s not an official cover. It’s from a fine jewerly story from inside the issue, and there will be thirteen other ‘covers’ like this too according to Vogue Paris’ Instagram.
Imao. I saw Edie's Instagram that she said this is her new cover.

It said on the Vogue Paris Instagram that these are "13 covers that never were." Poor Edie. :lol: But honestly that would've made for a better cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->