Vogue Paris October 2019 : Laurijn Bijnen by David Sims

Or was it included in the Nicolas feature?? Choices!!

That's exactly what it is, hahaha. A designer profile sold as a cover. The desperation of Vuitton. Alt should never have allowed this. Not a good look for her magazine.

I’m used to that vp has usually decent October issues, previous oct 2018 wasn’t an exception, there were more editorials, they were shorter but there were more. So I was waiting for something...

We cannot escape 80’s, if they’re in or out of fashion, they’re “in Vogue”, Paris vogue, because of Emmanuelle. But this is the only 80s vibe I get - like in Sam rock and sims editorial - a bit of new wave aesthetic, 80s club life, “liquid sky” movie.

Anja with her natural hair color looks good, but the ed overall is so cheap like made for some Instagram Abu Dhabi based girl with 300k followers and high-lifer lifestyle with nail tips, hair extensions, LV and Chanel bags and this “old money” image.

Sadli story is something him or McLellan would made, girl is just next Edie Campbell.

This is not disgusting , but quite weak for October.

Anja with her natural hair color looks good, but the ed overall is so cheap like made for some Instagram Abu Dhabi based girl with 300k followers and high-lifer lifestyle with nail tips, hair extensions, LV and Chanel bags and this “old money” image.

A very clear picture you're painting there, lol. I didn't even recognise her, can't say the hair colour is to my liking.

I was expecting more of anja's ed... i think is just ok. I only love Sam Rock's ed

Surprised those extensions (wig?) stayed on her head with all that hair-flipping. Her neck must have been exhausted at the end of the shoot.

Everyone else has covered me when it comes to commenting the eds and LV's overzealous marketing department.

My only question, is it acceptable to say g***y in France?:ermm:

Surprised those extensions (wig?) stayed on her head with all that hair-flipping. Her neck must have been exhausted at the end of the shoot.

Everyone else has covered me when it comes to commenting the eds and LV's overzealous marketing department.

My only question, is it acceptable to say g***y in France?:ermm:

Why wouldn't it be ? Only racist in English, I think, no ? There is another word in French that is more connotated to what you don't want to say :smile:

The cover is even more indefensible when you see the beauty that is the work of Mikael Jansson. That is one gorgeous couture story with Anja! The highlight of the issue by an absolute mile. The long brunette hair makes for a striking transformation on Anja, love the posing, how the beautiful setting contrasts with the couture - every last element. My favorite Vogue Paris fashion story in months.

I am also a fan of Karim Saldi's story with Bente Oort, particularly those studio shots. The closeup would've made for a decent cover, as opposed to the one we got with Laurijn Bijnen (who of course herself is not at fault), ugh.

A massive thanks to you @[B]Benn98[/B] for providing us the content!

90s David Sims would not be too happy with the current David Sims. How sad this "empty-luxe" period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->