Vogue Paris October 2021 by Guy Bourdin

What a lazy finale, wow. Didn’t even bother to produce own iconic cover, let’s use someone else’s work before I even knew what VP was!
Alt succumbed to the laziness.

Lazy but I don't hate it... probably because I know the worse is yet to come and I like the thought of Guy Bourdin getting such an important cover, he's synonymous with Vogue Paris and I can't imagine a better way to acknowledge his legacy.

I find it fitting actually. This time I don't really mind the cover choice, it's all about the contents for me. And I'm pretty confident they have chosen some iconic images to reprint inside. Say about Alt what you like, but for me it was always the edition that served unapologetic fashion and glamour... I wonder what's next for VP.

no, no, no.

it’s a reprint!!!
you can love it all you want but it’s what it is. a bloody reprint.

she could’ve raised the bar and done a new interpretation of it, even by different photographers (something she always loved to do), but no, that would be a huge effort and Alt just doesn’t have it.
lazy, uninspiring woman.
good riddance.

hopefully there will be good fashion content… at this point I’m setting my expectations low.

it’s a beautiful archival cover, of course. the original.

So the entire issue is going to be a sort of retrospective with no new content... disappointment. But considering how tame fashion photography is and how boring Vogue is nowadays, maybe it's for the best. I like that they were going for a fashion book type of concept, I appreciate a good book and this issue is definitely a must-have, but I would've preferred it as a large supplement rather than the actual issue. It's a shame that the weak September issue was essentially the last under Emmanuelle... this could've been so much better.

so Du-Juan now is officially the only asian girl ever appears on VP's cover in almost two (modern )decades ? under two different EIC?

as much as I like VP, and find Alt has certain kind of admirable quality even she could be dull and repeatable...but maybe yes, it is time to move on.

It’s gonna be collectible issue and I already see it selling for 100 bucks on eBay, but I personally hate this archival laziness, you don’t even bother to look through unpublished materials you just choose from the best. It’s a photo editor work browsing Condé Nast licensing folder, not the one of an editorial team…

This is not the cover I was expecting, but I love it.
Alt was a great wonderful imo, and paying this kind of homage to the great Guy Bourdain is very fitting, and oh so French.
Personally I hope the entire issue is dedicated to retro images through the decades. I will absolutely buy this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->