Vogue Paris September 2011 : Charlotte Casiraghi by Mario Testino

Alt has been really disappointing so far. I haven't been excited about VP since Carine left. I suppose Charlotte is an interesting choice, but it's very VP for me and not a good cover.

I actually like the main ed, but not the cover at all. I think it would have worked better if they chose something like the black and white shot with her profile.

I have absolutely no complaints about Charlotte getting the cover, I mean really it is not as though Carine's Vogue Paris ever shied away from having Monaco's royalty on its pages or covers. The picture is good, she's stunning and honestly if it were a model it would probably just be another of Alt's favorites who've we've seen on the cover about 10x before.

And I would love to know just who or what Storemags is hacking into to get these entire issues early. No hate, I'm just seriously curious about this.

I absolutely love the cover. Unexpected choice but beautiful in all ways. Now I hope to see Natasha on the cover

Feurer ed with Poly is the best thing in this issue.

Charlotte's ed is ridiculous, to many pages, to many bad photos, that wouldn't pass even for outtakes, imho.

I don't love natasha’s ed ,the style is so rough and weird,look like a beggar lost her way in the desert.

i still remember when her mother is the cover of VP and that's still awesome. include her editorial photos. but this one, it's too average and nothing special. VP really lost it charms under Alt. just bring that provocative, vulgar, smoke, t*ts, whatsoever ala carine. almost like reading Elle...

Surely the coverphoto cannot have been the best of her :huh:

WOW. This issue is so boring. Why am I actually shocked.... Natasha's editorial is the best thing in this issue still it bores me. Charlotte looks gorgeous in her editorial, but again the concept is boring.

Carine please come back!!!!!!!!

1+

I for one have never really got Charlotte's appeal. Some people consider her to be one of the most beautiful women in the world, but I find her face rather ordinary. Her style is pretty boring as well.

Her ed is rather in-keeping with my impression of her: boring and tepid. As for the issue, I do like the fact that Alt off late has been using some faces who aren't quite yet VP staples: Anna, Snejana, Karmen et al, but she really needs to scout some new faces who can give a new dimension to the magazine. Strong faces like Aymeline Valade or Jac, or even some 'old' faces like Lily Donaldson or Catherine McNeil or Anna Jagodzinska. Natasha's ed, for instance, would have looked fresher and more unique had they used a model who hasn't been quite as ubiquitous as Natasha has been off late.

All in all, a rather lacklustre issue. Something tells me US Vogue is going to wash the floor with VP this month.

Oh give me a break! Not this woman. Her eyes do look good, I'll admit that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->