Vogue Paris September 2018 by Mikael Jansson & Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Aug 13, 2018.

1. JPineapple

JPineapple Well-Known Member

Just one -and only- cover with Claudia would be better.

I don't like any of the covers, they look boring. Even Naomi's one deserves more justice.

Benn98 likes this.
  2. LastNight

LastNight Well-Known Member

I've been really missing Kate and got so excited when I saw the thread title, but her cover is just awful! Why on earth did they approve that shot with that expression? Really disappointed because I love both Mikael and Kate, it should have been a stunning combination.

Naomi's cover is great, I love the combination of the black and white image with the pink of the layout; but Emmanuelle, honestly, that font has got to go.

Christy's cover is fine, neither here nor there. I don't really see the point in running all three, I do loathe the multi-cover format that magazines have forced upon us in abundance for the past decade, it's such a cop-out. The Naomi cover alone would have been enough, I think it's really strong: although with eye contact and a better typeface it would have been stellar.

3. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

Even though I dislike arrogant elitist gold diggers, I prefer Naomi's cover the most. Still, not sure if it's worth buying.

4. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I find it horrendous that all Kate Moss photographs must be shot through a filter or a curtain these days. Just take a normal photo and let them Photoshop you to death, they're doing it anyway, and then burn the film your God damn self if you don't want such unflattering photos to ever resurface.

Christy looks much better on Vogue Poland. I guess Naomi's is the best for me from the bunch but I can still find a ton of issues with it and why it doesn't really work as a cover. What a letdown.

modela, Benn98 and sixtdaily like this.
  5. badgalcrush

badgalcrush Active Member

I'm SHOOK !
    Naomi back to Vogue Paris finally I thought that day would never come , she looks stunning but not a fan of the cropping .
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the only black model to scored more than once VP cover are Naomi and Liya Kedebe ?
    Hope model like Joan Smalls and Jourdan Dunn will get that chance in the future (even if I know the chances are almost nonexistents)

modela likes this.
  6. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

Yeah!!. Get it over with. Move on!!

7. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

Love to see Naomi and Christy on VP but these covers are a total let-down. These are really the best shots they could come up with?

8. Blayne266

Blayne266 Well-Known Member

Love to see these icons get the covers but the execution isn’t the best! My favourite is Christy, it’s very classic Vogue Paris for me but I don’t like the way the G is! I wish Inez & Vindooh has shot all the covers! I have very high hopes for the content

9. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Yes, Naomi & Liya are the ones with the most covers with Naomi being the one with the most covers (7 I think...with this one being her 4th).

I don't think Joan and Jourdan will get covers in the near future...Not in Emmanuelle's era tho. Jourdan had a chance back in the day when she was a regular but Joan... Maybe one day.

I would love to see Adut or Imaan on the cover. Adut can be very VP...
    If Rose Cordero got a cover, why not Adut?

modela and Bahiyya like this.
  10. reese06

reese06 Well-Known Member

Because of all three models immense body of work, I think you really have to push the limits in terms of styling for it to be impactful. A theme of some sort would have really pushed this forward.

Naomi's shot is just resting on her beauty. yawn.

Christy's make up is not great and doesn't show the potential of her beauty.

Kate's is boring and the filter blurs everything together.

Maybe the full editorials are better.

11. orchidee

orchidee Active Member

These covers are such a waste.

12. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

NO! I was excited to open the thread but why? wth is Kate´s cover and Naomi´s so meh imo. So very disappointed :(

13. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Maybe because Carine was better at pushing the envelope than Alt? It's always the same people with her, one month it's a 90s model, another month it's a model between Anna Ewers/Luna Bijl/Vittoria, etc..

I'm just thankful that Gisele didn't get yet another cover.

14. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

What kind of crise is currently occurring at Vogue Paris where the September covers feature legends looking like washed-up actresses, and the August issue... well, that belongs firmly in the past.

modela, sixtdaily and Benn98 like this.
  15. Sensation

Sensation V.I.P.

Naomi's is the best of the 3.

modela likes this.
  16. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

Naomi's cover seems a bit of a reference to one of Mikael's first shoots he did with her in the early 90s...I think also VP? I really like it although it's a bit standard for her.

Christy's is a bit dull...I'm getting a bit bored of her by I&V now. It was a dynamic pairing in the Noughties but has passed its sell-by date now. And speaking of...Kate's cover? Not bad but really forgettable.

17. balmain1914

balmain1914 Well-Known Member

Can someone tell Alt to stop this 80s and 90s comeback?
    Roitfeld has left for years and Alt still continues the same old s...t years by years...issue by issue.
    Conde Nast, time to replace her pls.

modela likes this.
  18. Your Anchor

Your Anchor Active Member

How disappointing. they could've done better with the cast:ermm:
    I wish there's an OG Claudia cover tho

Benn98 likes this.
  19. magsaddict

magsaddict Well-Known Member

She was always the quintessential ELLE model, but she's made occasional Vogue appearances, last time to my knowledge was an ed in Russian Vogue a couple years ago.

20. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Which is where she belongs.

Now that Kate and Naomi are supposedly so deep in British Vogue's pockets, I find it odd that they're still shooting September covers for a rival edition.