Vogue Paris September 2019 by Mikael Jansson, Alasdair McLellan, Juergen Teller & Inez & Vinoodh

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by aracic, Aug 20, 2019.

1. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

I wish she'd troll us with a good cover for change next month.

Benn98, russianelf and Blayne266 like this.
  2. DK92

DK92 Active Member

I don't even know where to start... Everything is so wrong, although the idea of doing something with the 4 fashion capitals is cool, the execution is tragic! We were hoping that Vogue Paris would save our September, but it just ended up making things worse.

I even hoped @Perickles comment about Rianne would be better, but even he let me down!

Perickles likes this.
  3. Riseup

Riseup Well-Known Member

This was her best chance to finally give Imaan a cover and this is what we get????? Rianne on 4 mediocre covers??? Sick of Alt.

Perickles and Blayne266 like this.
  4. sixtdaily

sixtdaily Well-Known Member

Wrong model for this issue! Rianne looks like Edie on the UK cover, and Grace or TayTay Hill on the US one... Emmanuelle should have booked a native for each cover instead - cliché jusqu'au bout! It also would have been a nice occasion to give Othilia her long awaited VP cover.....

Perickles, Valentine27 and Benn98 like this.
  5. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Back when we all thought that Vogue Paris February 2013's New York Issue was pathetic

[​IMG]
    stylonylon

How'd we go from this^ to THAT

6. MON

MON Well-Known Member

The Paris cover had potential. If she were just standing there with a commanding pose and a "This is Paris, take it or leave it" attitude, i'd take it.

But this is just your run-of-the-mill Eiffel Tower shoot.

Check out Eiffel Tower on Instagram's Places and you'll see BETTER jump shots. FACTS.

But I'll be getting the Paris one. The vintage vibe sold it for me. And that's IT

aracic likes this.
  7. anlabe32

anlabe32 Well-Known Member

Rianne :heart: Best model working today. So happy for her.

These covers are disappointing though. While I hate them, Mert & Marcus would've done a better job for the Milan cover. Teller sucks and why the heck is she wearing Dolce?
    And the font is truly hideous on all of them. I hate how they cut off her hand on the Paris cover. And why is she not wearing an American brand on the NY one?

Anyway, can't wait to see the editorials.

YohjiAddict, Aizanara, libra and 2 others like this.
  8. Sensation

Sensation V.I.P.

I don't mind seeing her on the cover again because she delivers every time. The Milan cover is my favorite.

9. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

I can´t believe I´m saying this but my favorite cover is London´s... at least it has something interesting going on imo.

10. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

Wait, she actually IS wearing Dolce? I thought it was just a similar vibe. God knows most fashion looks the same now.
    I liked the styling there but no, we're not going to support Dolce. I hate how their disgusting mess just sort of blew over and everyone stopped caring. It's like it never even happened. Where's that funeral I've been waiting for? Not that I'm defending, but we were quick to cut off actual talents like Testino and Demarchelier (whose photography I actually miss in this Vogue era of Tylers and Colliers).
    This is even worse than the whole tragedy of the layout and bad photos. Can't believe Alt approved this and for a cover image nonetheless! gahh

Benn98, YohjiAddict and phungnam96 like this.
  11. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Nobody talks about that anymore but as I recall her covers from the China issue down to her last one was extremely subpar. And it wasn't exactly well-received on here either. Then again, she had a valid excuse. She had a lot going on at the time. What's Alt's excuse?

Bertrando3, YohjiAddict and aracic like this.
  12. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

^Truth, but I'll personally forever cherish 2016's March and July covers.

13. zacatecas570

zacatecas570 Well-Known Member

1. Enough with Rianne
    2. The first one she looks like Chucky
    3. The last cover could have been amazing, but that hideous wig and layout ruins it

YohjiAddict, Perickles and aracic like this.
  14. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Paris is the best one, but they're all still mediocre at best. But it's still better than anything from the other 'big 3' though.

libra and aracic like this.
  15. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

Alt is testing Newhouse's patience i am sure. Like how far she will be able to go before being drag out of VP office.

Benn98 and Fiercification like this.
  16. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Because she’s the only Vogue editor that is consistently and confidently directional with her Vogue and its high fashion content, she can afford to be unabashedly arrogant with her covers and those stupid typefaces her art director insists on trolling with. There was a former GQ editor who famously admitted that he would always select the worst shot for the cover— cuz he knew people would talk about it, because he had the goods to back up with the contents (unlike the current state of GQ).

While at the Vogues go on shouting their identity politics gimmicks like they’re some political saviours to humanity—all the while too lazy to put the effort into the actual, you know, fashion presentation— or too busy keeping up with the the mostest popular on SM, Emmanuelle is actually presenting Parisian high fashion with models, cuz… It’s Vogue Paris, not Time Magazine. She absolutely does not hit the mark all of the time, but her Parisian mood is never lost, and even her snooty, air of exclusivity is what makes her Vogue so distinct.

In short, I dig her Vogue's personality.

17. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Basically only New York cover works for me, LOVE it! But even that could have been Paris, or any regular shot from VP under Alt, lol!

She really does get a pass in the industry, no one critisizes her work, and sometimes she deserves to be told off! I mean you can't even write anything negative on their SM accounts without it being deleted......

18. Blayne266

Blayne266 Well-Known Member

I’m utterly shocked at the blatant lack of Diversity within VP’s covers. Two models of colour (Naomi & Adut) in a year of covers, that’s not enough at all. It’s actually disgraceful that such a prestigious title can get away with this when there are so many incredible models (Imaan, Joan, Saffron, Anok and the list goes on) that could easily do any of the covers from the past year, but instead we get the same cover star 3 times? It’s absurd!

I don’t think I’ll be investing anymore money into this magazine from now on because it’s 2019 and we’ve had 2 models of colour, I can simply not support those statistics.

Bertrando3 and slayage like this.
  19. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

They are big advertisers after all. It’s somehow unrealistic to expect from the fashion world to dismiss them entirely. Ok, you’ll tell me that VP can survive without them, much like VI survived when they banned Franca....But for Vogue to dismiss them, the decision must come from Newhouse. And i’m sure he can’t risk to loose them...

Bertrando3 likes this.
  20. Creative

Creative Well-Known Member

Wow, it's a new low. The Paris cover... Sad. Just sad. I can't believe fashion got destroyed like this by people like Emmanuelle.

That image is the representation of fashion's death. I'm shock. The layout, the photography, the styling... Everything. So sad my God.