Vogue Paris September 2020 : Malika Louback by Mikael Jansson

NO! to the masthead colour and layout (they always have the most atrocious layouts), but I can appreciate the image overall. Fashion and attitude on a perfectly cropped shot!
Alt's brand of fashion will never be to my taste, but at least she didn't do a 180 from the identity.

I wanted Aya Nakamura, I got Malika! I don’t mind it. It’s good to see and I hope she will be a regular in the pages of Vogue Paris. Emmanuelle has now the opportunity to make a star!

I’ve seen this many times from VP but I kinda enjoy the fact that Emmanuelle does the « Hope » thing on her own terms: it’s fashion, it’s 80’s and VP stays in it lane. Going very political is not VP and she kept it in mind!

That being said, there wasn’t any other way to place the Hope thing on the cover? And I can only laugh at imagining what the meeting looked like when they tried to find words to relate to each letter of HOPE (Paris, Espoir) lol

This is my favorite Saint Laurent collection under Vaccarello, probably the closest to embody the spirit of Yves. As for the cover, with a different background, it might be magnificent, but I get the feeling that they just want some rock n roll coolness.

the cover is ok, but it's not enough for september issue , and it seems that it is vogue paris 100 years anniversary, it should be more powerful( maybe top models not new comer:blink:)

It could have been so so good because this SLP collection is divine, the girl is gorgeous but god the background, the unnecessary gloves and the atrocious layout. Still have hope that the content will be one of the best from all the Vogue editions.

Oh, SO happy for Malika! What a shame it’s not a very strong cover.

And I can only laugh at imagining what the meeting looked like when they tried to find words to relate to each letter of HOPE (Paris, Espoir) lol

:rofl::rofl: That's actually funny because they don't come across as a very witty bunch. Regurgitating movie titles for their edits which is actually quite lazy.
The 'P for Paris' doesn't even shock me. It's almost a given, considering. I mean, have you ever come across a French person who is not patriotic?

Definitely not bad bit I want more for a September Issue.

You love it because it’s Vogue Paris. The cover is too weak for September, and is this shot in a random washroom using a Nokia phone?

This cover is the product of Emmanuelle conforming to the twin pressures of (a) having to feature a person of colour on the September cover and (b) Conde Nast's mandated message of "hope".

Left to her own devices, it's highly likely this is not the September - or indeed Anniversary - cover that we'd have seen from Vogue Paris, but given the formulaic nature of their cover choices, I'm more than happy to see a different face on the front for once.

I hate the design of the cover, but I don't mind the mood of the image.

I knew! I knew she wouldn't disappoint!! You go girl!

tenor.gif

That being said, they do need a new creative director for covers. Those colors are plain ugly!
But not even neon can pull my focus from beautiful Malika in Saint Laurent! Yass!! Can't wait to see what's inside, you bet it's already my favorite issue of the month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->