Vogue Poland September 2018 : Christy Turlington by Chris Colls

But that's why black and white pictures are bad because people like you think that they can take any picture put it in grayscale in photoshop, adjust the contrast and that's great. That is not black and white photography and a picture like that is not great. You should go back to school :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::heart::heart::lol: Check out classics like Rodchenko or Man Ray that's pure black and white photography and I don't see many people creating 'easy and safe' photographs like that anymore, even when photography is very popular and inexpensive currently.

Were not talking about out Man Ray here. :hardhead: I’m not criticizing all photography, just fashion photography. This isn’t the golden days of Avedon. There’s an artistry missing these days. Photography was a craft and a skill, now everything is digital. Very few photographers make black and white look beautiful and artistic. Meisel is one of the very few that combine art and commerce. Like I mentioned above it’s my opinion that advertisements and covers should be in color, unless they are beautifully executed. I’ve been disappointed many times when I’ve seen an amazing and colorful collection that have fallen flat when shot in black and white. Vogue Paris and Vogue Italia created some exceptionally beautiful black and white covers in the mid 2000s. I really haven’t seen anything that good since. This cover is what I mean by artistic and beautiful

2E8029D4-49EE-42BB-8858-BD94EB07C450.jpeg

Designscene

Last edited:
^Me too 90's supermodel, how interesting. What about Carmen Dell'Orefice?:judge:

Were not talking about out Man Ray here. :hardhead: I’m not criticizing all photography, just fashion photography. This isn’t the golden days of Avedon. There’s an artistry missing these days. Photography was a craft and a skill, now everything is digital. Very few photographers make black and white look beautiful and artistic. Meisel is one of the very few that combine art and commerce. Like I mentioned above it’s my opinion that advertisements and covers should be in color, unless they are beautifully executed. I’ve been disappointed many times when I’ve seen an amazing and colorful collection that have fallen flat when shot in black and white. Vogue Paris and Vogue Italia created some exceptionally beautiful black and white covers in the mid 2000s. I really haven’t seen anything that good since. This cover is what I mean by artistic and beautiful

View attachment 1079693

Designscene

Well, I agree with you. But you were saying something different before. I love that cover as well.

It's a beautiful photograph, but I'm not a fan of using black and white pictures for covers or advertisements. It always looks like photographers and art directors have no ideas, so they go for the safe route which is black and white.
I agree with this opinion. While I do love a good black and white editorial or photo, I don’t like it on covers or ads. It seems like the biggest choice to make then is the font color, which is a huge deal to me, but also seems lazy in whole. With that being said, the cover photo and previews are all gorgeous photos, but I love Christy Turlington.

Strangely enough, they managed to make Christy look like Julie Pelipas a bit.

It's too black & white and boring to me, too casual.

I think this is just beautiful, honestly find it hard to hate on anything Christy Turlington related and Chris Colls is rapidly becoming a firm favorite of mine. The cover is gorgeous, love the black and white teamed with the baby pink masthead and I'm vaguely reminded of Carine Roitfeld's early years at Vogue Paris (especially with the 'Christy Turlington' font).

It's beautiful and I respect Christy as she's an industry veteran, but we've seen her styled & photographed like this a million times! It's such a bore.

Stunning editorial, Christy looks flawless. It seems to be my favorite main story of the september issue this year.

Anna de Rijk
Sonia Szóstak - Photographer
Karolina Gruszecka - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Neill Seeto - Casting Director

models.com

Bad quality but still...

Pod Kontrola
Stas Komarovski - Photographer
Daniela Agnelli - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Martin Cullen - Hair Stylist
Cyndle Komarovski - Makeup Artist
Neill Seeto - Casting Director
Vera van Erp - Model

models.com

That profile portrait of Christy is just soooo beautiful. I love that she's resisted the urge to plump her face like the rest of her 90s Supers have. She just exudes this grace and strength. Love this editorial so much!

Christy's cover story feels like something you would have seen in the Bazaar of Liz Tilberis, at the height of its powers.

Absolutely.

She really remains naturally stunning-looking. But this all comes across as these photographers just want to include that iconic brand of Eternity/Calvin Klein/Liz’s Bazaar Christy in minimalist-styling-lounging-pensively-in-an-architecturally-grand-surrounding-with-the-woods-as-the-backdrop for their own portfolio. ...ZZzzzzz....

Someone shoot Christy smiling, laughing, vamping and tramping it up, and not in minimalist-styling with her hair slicked back, would be much much much welcomed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->