Vogue Portugal November 2018 by Brasinlav Simoncik and Gioconda & August

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by jorgepalomo, Nov 6, 2018.

1. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

2. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Active Member

The close-ups covers are FLAWLESS while the group shoot is not there yet and Im not sure why, too much 'editorial'/IG oriented to my taste perhaps.

3. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

UGH! ONE COVER IS ENOUGH! What's up with every fucking magazine doing multiple covers every month?

All rants aside, I do love that first cover.

dfl-001 and Benn98 like this.
  4. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

The close-up covers are stunning!!

5. TheoG

TheoG Moderator

Gorgeous close-up of Amilna.

AFWQ likes this.
  6. guimon

guimon Well-Known Member

Oh my God, Amilna's cover is so stunning. What a face!

ForTheImage, Morgane07 and Benn98 like this.
  7. madzedre

madzedre Member

Perfection, so proud

8. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

That first cover is the last thing I'm going to look at tonight before falling asleep, for all the right reasons.

9. AFWQ

AFWQ Active Member

Amilna Estevao cover would be more than enough, but I think is something they want to do. At least three covers a month from what I read online on Instagram of one of the members.

Amilna shoot was 2 weeks ago. She was in Portugal... Don't exactly understand the constant delay. I am starting to see more and more people complaining about it.

And while back a took a print screen from Conde Nast site, when the magazine had just changed from Cofina (Publishing Group) to Lighthouse Publishing. They took a while to change their numbers on the page, and keep numbers of Cofina on it for a while. Recently change:
    Readership 146,100 > Readership 60, 423
    while Circulation is still at same value: 25,067
    But when comes monthly page views have increased. I think it makes sense since the team is more focus on interaction than past team.

I think Readership is ones who buy and read it on paper. I heard as well some people are having a hard time finding the magazine just in Portugal, and I personally don't see them at sale on some of big supermarkets here. Actually... It's been a while since I saw a Vogue Portugal.

10. jorgepalomo

I tried to purchase the september issue from CNWorldwide and was sold out... and I asked for it at september 15th.

11. AFWQ

AFWQ Active Member

Humm... I had the same problem a while back. Have you tried contacting directly Lighthouse Publishing/ Vogue? [email protected]-house.pt

or go to: Ficha técnica and contact any people /e-mails in "blue"-

12. June

June Well-Known Member

Also before the change of the publisher, Vogue Portugal had a digital edition you could subscribe to. With the new publisher it closed.

13. RMDV

RMDV Active Member

Amilna.... eh

14. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Amilna's cover is the only pne they should've gone with. It's so rich and lush, very Holiday without showing any gree, red, gold, or silver. I'm also liking the fact that Vogue Portugal consistently support models from Portuguese colony. That's such a cool sense of oneness and it makes the direction less provincial.

guimon and 333101 like this.
  15. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

Amilna's is the only one needed! The group shot should never have seen the light of day.

guimon likes this.
  16. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

Digital magazines don't sell in Portugal. I know a few publishers that either stopped their digital editions or are thinking of stopping. The Portuguese are still 100% dependent on paper when it comes to magazines.

You never sent me that message... I would have grabbed one for you.

As I said previously, the magazine didn't sold out by that time. I saw it everywhere. What happens is that they have a very limited number of magazines for sale online (like most magazines). Which means they are grabbing more attention than they thought from abroad and they should increase their online stock. Can you buy "returned stock" (the magazines that didn't sell on shops and get returned to the publisher) later? I worked for a few magazines that would put the returned stock for sale later at lower prices, not sure Vogue does that.

The new readership numbers don't surprise me, it proves what I've been saying since forever. I doubt they will ever decrease their circulation, it's a matter of status. To reduce circulation is to admit they aren't selling. But with these readership numbers... I don't know. The price might have doubled but so did the production costs. It's difficult to know how the magazine stands financially in comparison to their predecessors. What I can say is that halving their readership numbers isn't good to grab advertising. Good thing for them most fashion magazines died in this country.

As for these covers, I love Amilna but that cover reminds me of 2 other covers from the past 2 months. Doing nothing for me. The second didn't even deserve to see the light of day and the third is nice, my favourite of the bunch even with that text placement, yet nothing that would make me spend 5€ - I would rather spend that on a latte.

17. jorgepalomo

I totally forgot that :( Now I'm about to cry -literally- cuz I wanted the issue so much. :(

18. GinAndTonic

GinAndTonic Member

Wow that first cover!

19. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

Generally I find extreme close-ups very lazy for a cover but Amilna's is just a pure warm chocolate bath from heaven.

20. AFWQ

AFWQ Active Member

Try sending an e-mail directly to them. I think read somewhere on their instagram they are selling older issues. ^_^

jorgepalomo likes this.