Vogue Portugal October 2023 : The Fame Issue

Kimy Jo

Reaction score
Cover 1 & 2: Georgina Rodríguez by Branislav Simoncik

Cover 3: Paulina Porizkova by Branislav Simoncik

Cover 4: Cintia Dicker by Ricardo Abrahao

Cover 5: Maria Borges by Branislav Simoncik

Something about Cintia Dicker's cover strangely appeals to me, but I just can't seem to fully appreciate this edition. I see the potential and I recognise the intention but it doesn't hit the mark for me.

Nope, they look like amateur-fan-made covers, they don't look real or cool or chic.
Also the masthead logo in this way doesn't help either.
As for the choices lol it doesn't make sense either. What's the connection?

100% here for Cintia, entirely under appreciated in the fashion world.

320 pages for October! They're doing really well even if the concept doesn't always work.

THE Cintia Dicker is back?! :astonished::redheart:
gotta say though, if it wasn´t for the name on the cover I wouldn´t have recognize her...

Vogue Portugal is the most pretentious Vogue cover wise. I don't know about the content inside so I can't judge.

No matter how much these covers might catch my eye, when I bought a copy of Vogue Portugal, I flicked through it - and then never looked at it again.

If a fashion magazine is supposed to work at a commercial level, it didn't make me want to buy any of the products on the page, and if Vogue Portugal is supposed to "make me think", there was nothing worth returning to, once the initial impact of the visuals was over.

I don't wish the magazine away, I'm very happy there's a Vogue with a different voice to others, but I think I like the covers more than the content, and these days, liking a cover is not enough to compel me to get the whole issue.

Stunned by Cintia’s cover. The rest, I could’ve done without. Not the best for VP but definitely the better one (again) this month.

Georgina has yet to have a cover that captures her beauty best. It's like creatives are unable to rival her natural beauty, to show it to us in a new or unseen way. It's really interesting. She's obviously pretty for very classic reasons, but I've not been "wowed" by how it's captured through editorial or any covers she's had. I love her, and think she's so relatable, based on her netflix series. Her cover is cute, but feels dated as an approach to style, it falls flat as a representation of what current trend is demanding from publications and covers, as well as celebrities or socialites.

As much as I genuinely could not care less about Vogue Portugal, I will admit there always appears to be some soft of effort from the team who complies each and every issue, and the dedication to a print product is always evident. For me, here, it's the Paulina Porizkova cover which reigns supreme...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
156sprinter
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->