Vogue Portugal September 2020 by José Santana

tumblr_p84rqjJvn51w9sc71o3_500.gifv

Opening a thread that says "Vogue ____ September 2020" on the title is like opening a Pandora's box.

I love how Anna is already being mentioned twice as being to blame for this. The theme “Hope” is incredibly broad and you can claim it thematically applies to just about any image you create. Very hard to make the case that anyone’s creativity or vision was stifled by such a generic brief. Anna’s September issue is very lackluster, imo, but at least she commissioned acclaimed artists to paint covers, and those covers featured images of women wearing fashion. I didn’t love it but it had some artistic value, IMO. She can hardly be blamed that Vogue Portugal decided a wrinkled scrap of polyester represented hope. Most editions didn’t even choose images with a clear interpretation of the theme “Hope”, so their success or utter failure rests entirely on the shoulders of the individual teams that produced them.

Anna is Condé Nast's Global Content Advisor and Chief Creative Officer on top of being Editor In Chief of US Vogue lol so yes: she is in charge and gets her part of responsability/blame for this. I personally don't consider paintings on covers a fashion value so these paintings worldwide on Fashion magazines covers don't do anything for me.

Anna is Condé Nast's Global Content Advisor and Chief Creative Officer on top of being Editor In Chief of US Vogue lol so yes: she is in charge and gets her part of responsability/blame for this.

Yes, she is to blame for setting the theme of “Hope”, not for the way individual editors choose to interpret that. Do you think she is approving or putting the kibosh on Vogue Portugal covers as well as literally all covers of Condé Nast titles globally? Of course not. And if you believed she was, why aren’t you giving her credit for every Condé cover you like? The Anna scapegoating is alive and thriving.

Well you know, an actual detailed plain fabric on the cover for those who wanted to see literally clothes. lol anyway it's infinitely uncreative but not as bad as other covers this month.

Review - 368 pages (And that says A LOT)

Esperanca Poética (20 pages)
Photo: Alessandra Esposito
Stylist: Pablo Patané

Além Fonteiras (20 pages)
Photo: Paolo Zambaldi
Stylist: Stephanie Kherlakian

A Luz Ao Fundo Do Túnel (10 pages)
Photo: Luca Meneghel
Stylist: Leonardo Caligiuri

United We Hope (16 pages)
Photo: Eva Wang and Antoine Bedos
Stylist: Joana Dacheville

Bright Young Things. Hope For The Future. (18 pages)
Photo: Branislav Simoncik
Stylist: Sasa Thomann

We Are Family (20 pages)
Photo: Alva Galim
Stylist: Alba Melendo

Lamento Sertanejo (20 pages)
Photo: Frederico Martins
Stylist: Larissa Marinho

Beauty section:
Esperanca Média de Vidas (10 pages)
Photo: Ruo Bing Li
Stylist: Xuyuner Qi

High Hopes (12 pages)
Photo: Kurt Stallaert
Stylist: Gloria Perales

I received the issue today and If you ask me, one of the most consistents september issues of this year. I don't care about the cover, the editorials are good enough and the diversity doesn't look forced (cof cof 100 covers, 100 people). Apparently all models are locals (I didn't see a familiar face) and extra points because they managed to create the editorials like Covid doesn't exist, so there's no photo via Zoom.

Review - 368 pages (And that says A LOT)

A Luz Ao Fundo Do Túnel (10 pages)
Photo: Luca Meneghel
Stylist: Leonardo Caligiuri

We Are Family (20 pages)

Beauty section:

High Hopes (12 pages)

I received the issue today and If you ask me, one of the most consistents september issues of this year. I don't care about the cover, the editorials are good enough and the diversity doesn't look forced (cof cof 100 covers, 100 people). Apparently all models are locals (I didn't see a familiar face) and extra points because they managed to create the editorials like Covid doesn't exist, so there's no photo via Zoom.
Can u post the edits?

Model: Laura Schoenmakers

IMG_2002.JPG IMG_2003.JPG IMG_2004.JPG IMG_2005.JPG IMG_2006.JPG IMG_2007.JPG IMG_2008.JPG IMG_2009.JPG IMG_2010.JPG IMG_2011.JPG
Source: my own

Last edited by a moderator:
Models: Anya Kisiel, Gabriel Gam, Simon, Arianna O., Sara O., Althea, Omar B., Vittoria, Daniela R., Sinar, Lisa Sophia, Mattia Bononi, Maria C., Camilla D., Aline, Alessio D'Ortenzi, Dylan Murianni, Jordi Murianni, Mohamed Bensalem, Xing Yu Liu, Lucia Spiazzi, Simone Pedini, Grace Epolo, Ryian Kamis, Camilla Pirolo, Alpha, Massimiliano Ricci,Greta Lenski, Susanna Bianchi, Angelia Mazzei, Stella Mazzei, Sylvia Bonavigo, Shahd Rezkana, Roberta de Titta, Alessandra Bisogni, Federico Tisi

IMG_2012.JPG IMG_2013.JPG IMG_2014.JPG IMG_2015.JPG IMG_2016.JPG IMG_2017.JPG IMG_2018.JPG IMG_2019.JPG IMG_2020.JPG IMG_2021.JPG

Models: Suzi de Givenchy, Rocio Marconi, Maty Ndiaye, Chris Massala, Djeneba, Ines Oussaidi, Loris Mascarel, Florian Leveau, Tya Gohin, Solal Zaoui

IMG_2027.JPG IMG_2028.JPG IMG_2029.JPG IMG_2030.JPG IMG_2031.JPG IMG_2032.JPG IMG_2033.JPG IMG_2034.JPG

Models: Priscilla Cheseaux, Valentine Charrasse, Feuza Diouf

IMG_2035.JPG IMG_2036.JPG IMG_2037.JPG IMG_2038.JPG IMG_2039.JPG IMG_2040.JPG IMG_2041.JPG IMG_2042.JPG IMG_2043.JPG

We Are Family (20 pages)
Models: Renata Scheffer, Bartolome Chapel, Leelou Laridan, Martine Nicolas Hallay

IMG_2044.JPG IMG_2045.JPG IMG_2046.JPG IMG_2047.JPG IMG_2048.JPG IMG_2049.JPG IMG_2050.JPG IMG_2051.JPG IMG_2052.JPG IMG_2053.JPG

Models: Alecia Morais, Rufane Tomas, Diogo Guerreiro

IMG_2054.JPG IMG_2055.JPG IMG_2056.JPG IMG_2057.JPG IMG_2058.JPG IMG_2059.JPG IMG_2060.JPG IMG_2061.JPG IMG_2062.JPG IMG_2063.JPG

Model: Unia Pakhomova

IMG_2064.JPG IMG_2065.JPG IMG_2066.JPG IMG_2067.JPG IMG_2068.JPG

High Hopes (12 pages)