Vogue Russia August 2009 : Dree Hemingway by Alasdair McLellan

Luxx

oh me, oh my
Reaction score
Major cover for Dree. Very 80s over the top with those blingy jewels.

Image Credit | Elite Models via Models.com

I like this :smile:
I curious who it's inside in ed. :smile:

Crikey! But someone new for the cover, always a good thing. It's very messy but somehow I like it.

It's a lovely hairdo, it's a lovely face. They just don't go together.

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this!!!!!! She looks better than I would have ever imagined (probably because she doesn't even look like herself)! Stunning Jerry Hall hair, icy blue eyes, cherry red lips, and OODLES of jewels! What more could I ask for!?! One of my favorite covers yet this year! Classic Newton decadence! My only qualm is the tacky-looking multi-colored ring on her right hand (next to the honking sapphire). It doesn't go with the rest of the look. And the HUGE pink text blob! Beyond distracting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the cover, Luxx:flower: i like the 80s feel, but i have to see a bigger image to say whether i like it or not

I love this cover! Good Job VOGUE Russia! Thanks LUXX. BUT my only problem is that there's to many text going on

I dont think Dree is cut out for that look..but she looks good nonetheless. I might just get this.

Oh this is surprisingly nice, sure she aint classically beautiful, but i just love this.

Thanks Luxx, you rock!

The cover says the following:

"The more,
the better
Eyeshadow
with glitter,
gold
polish
and bright lipstick"

"Black
on red
The most crucial
combination
of colors
of the new
season"

"The nature
of things
The head
fashionistas
in Moscow
on what's
inappropriate
to wear"

"953
karots
We put on
diamonds,
men's watches,
cocktail
rings"

"SHINE!"

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks nice.

Dree looks okay.

From the small preview on the MDC homepage I thought that was Nadja Auermann...imagine my disappointment when I clicked on it :ninja:

It looks like a good cover though, it's just that I am not a big fan of Dree...

^I can only imagine the disappointment you felt!!! If it were Nadja, I would have leapt from my chair and screamed. And then burst into tears when I found out it was Dree instead :lol:!

i'm pretty much confused by the question of how long will Vogue Russia thrust this typical national idea of fashion (the more bling the better) down its readers throats. i know, to some extent it's more about reflecting this perception of how Russians imagine and follow fashion, but me thinks in countries like Russia where people have to rediscover the very idea of good taste, Vogue's first aim is to educate them and show what the real vogue is about. as far as Russian Vogue runs these stupid over-accessorised jewelry (and fur) issues, things will hardly get better.
the cover is kitschy, is byzantine, is pretty senseless.

I kinda like it... Is she a model? I've seen her in mags quite some times but never been curious about her.

Vogue's first aim is to educate them and show what the real vogue is about.

This is Vogue Russia. Not Vogue j'adorekapusta. What you consider ugly/tacky, others might find beautiful. That's why there is more than one Vogue. So that different countries can combine their culture with what's "fashionable". In Russia it is fashionable to wear fur and lots of jewelery. Russians are known for being dramatic people and that is how they dress (most of them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luxnova
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"