Vogue Russia August 2009 : Dree Hemingway by Alasdair McLellan

I like this cover a lot, her eyes look really pretty and the styling is good.

just accidentally found this...

Ph: Terry Tsiolis
Model: Mey Bun (New York Models)
Styling: Simon Robins
M+A via fashiongonerogue.com
thanks for posting... the other model is Tao Okamoto :heart:

i think the model in the Tsiolis ed looks ridiculous...but i guess that's what they were going for.

I LOVEEEEEEE the Terry Tsiolis editorial!!! Tao and Mey look FABULOUS! So coordinated and over-the-top! Such a fun edit!

Damn, August issues are definitely wonderful ! The cover is just perfect

I really like Tao's and Mey's editorial. Can't wait to see it in print.

Couldn't agree more about the "put Sigrid on the cover" comments -_- Not only because I think that cover is just :yuk: (well, I never really got Dree's appeal anyway - so let alone the styling on this pic) but IMO Sigrid's ed is the only thing that thrills me about this issue. The rest: uninteresting.

I love how they used the D&G fur coats

Sigrid Agren's ed:

ph: Josh Olins
styling: Simon Robins

M+A via fashiongonerogue.com

i've seen many people talking about this girl but i never paid attention to her, she's really beautiful. the second shot is gorgeous.

Couldn't agree more about the "put Sigrid on the cover" comments -_- Not only because I think that cover is just :yuk: (well, I never really got Dree's appeal anyway - so let alone the styling on this pic) but IMO Sigrid's ed is the only thing that thrills me about this issue. The rest: uninteresting.

I don't know, if they had to opt between putting Sigrid or Dree, they would choose Dree because she surely is more famous than Sigrid, for what reason? I don't, still figuring out! I don't get what exactly is her roll in fashion, I'd love that someone could explain me how does a model that isn't that young compared to Sigrid & has done almost nothing of fashion work, plus she ain't that beautiful, can rise to a level where the only thing she does now is print work for major mags & 1 or 2 shows for major labels.

Anyway, now on topic, I dislike the cover ... the pose is really awkward, her arms are all over the place, even blocking a big part of the 'VOGUE' & then text going around her arms, it's really a really bad cover, I don't get what they were thinking about when they did that, it's just wrong :doh: :doh: :doh: Vogue Russia needs to make better covers, choose better models or better celebs like they sometimes use on their covers. Sigrid's edit is very good, she's working it, pretty styling, Agren is a real model.

I don't know, if they had to opt between putting Sigrid or Dree, they would choose Dree because she surely is more famous than Sigrid, for what reason? I don't, still figuring out! I don't get what exactly is her roll in fashion, I'd love that someone could explain me how does a model that isn't that young compared to Sigrid & has done almost nothing of fashion work, plus she ain't that beautiful, can rise to a level where the only thing she does now is print work for major mags & 1 or 2 shows for major labels.

She's a Hemingway baby! She uses her mother Mariel's maiden name which is Hemingway. Mariel's older sister Margot/Margaux Hemingway was a top model in the seventies. Mariel also was a model/actress. Their grandfather was Ernest Hemingway the writer.

Last edited by a moderator:
^thanks sweetie, I really didn't know that she was from Ernest's family & now it makes more sense for me, nor I did now she had Hemingway on her name, her last name used to be Crisman & then changed to Hemingway, well it surely is all about her name & it's hard for me to believe that a name can really make you rise such as she rised but it's true I guess.

And I found this on wikipedia which is basically all what you just said:

Dree Louise Hemingway Crisman - Is a fashion model and daughter of Mariel Hemingway and Stephen Crisman. That makes her the grand-daughter of Ernest Hemingway.
wikipedia.org

^it's hard for me to believe that a name can really make you rise such as she rised but it's true I guess.

^But it is so true, when she started out modelling as Crisman she didn't get anyway (any notice). Then BAM! as soon as she started with Hemingway that paved her path.

How thick is this issue? Spine!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"