Vogue Russia February 2010 : Magdalena Frackowiak by Tom Munro

It's ok. Magdalena really does look bored though, which instantly dulls the cover.
Also, just because you put red/white/blue and thrown in some stars doesn't mean you've recreated "American" style. It's a little uninspired.

Van Der Perre
Vanderperre.. -_-

/pedantry.

Err.. I fail to see what is it that draws editors to Magdalena, she's truthfully one of the most unappealing, dead-looking models in the business right now, I mean, this cover and Dazed's cover, both for february, I can think of over a hundred choices that would've pushed things a thousand miles ahead instead of practically burying it in dullness, Frida Gustavsson for instance would've suited this to perfection.
Anyway, strange parody for a concept but not a bad cover.
and I love Vanderperre's current obsession with Miranda Kerr.. so random and yet the results keep fascinating me. :heart:

I am in love with this cover!!! Ugh I cannot wait for HQ! I don't care what anyone says, I think Magda looks phenomenal on this cover.

Miranda Kerr by Willy Van Der Perre

IMG Models Blog

More. ^_^:wub: (Hope we can get scans of these soon!)

imgmodels

and I love Vanderperre's current obsession with Miranda Kerr.. so random and yet the results keep fascinating me. :heart:
I second this. I really hope they continue working together. I love his work, and he really shows a side of Miranda that is not seen often in editorials. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
and I love Vanderperre's current obsession with Miranda Kerr.. so random and yet the results keep fascinating me.

very random, indeed ....
* not a fan of her .......

but there, she looks like a Milk Producer daughter and seems perfect for the editorial ...

I love this cover! Magda looks gorgeous as usual! :heart:

Err.. I fail to see what is it that draws editors to Magdalena, she's truthfully one of the most unappealing, dead-looking models in the business right now

true, true. i dont understand the appeal i mean at least the dazed cover is pretty because of the colours but this is just unbelievable :blink:

The cover is ok. Too much text though.

I only had a quick look though it but there's an ed with Magdalena by Tom Munro, the other two main eds were in the previews - one with Riley Keough by Matt Irwin and Miranda Kerr by Willy V. The Jewellery ed feats Siri Tollerod and there's also a beauty ed with Alana Kuznetsova.

Cover in HQ:

scanned in by me

I love it! It has this PARTY IN THE USA vibe

The cover itself is not that bad but Magdalena manages to ruin it because she is totally expressionless. Thanks for the HQ scan, fearless123.

Fearless, if I could give you ten karmas, I would do it! This cover is even better in HQ. Magda is perfect :wub: I'm so excited about her ed :woot:

the cover is weird. the whole USA thing with a polish model, i don't think Magda looks dead per se, but she's pretty boring....can't wait to see Miranda's ed in HQ though, i like what Willy's done with her lately

Miranda's editorial doesn't appeal to me, hate the setting. I'm curious to see more of Riley..
This is the second time in a row, that Vogue Russia in the UK early. Thanks for the scan fearless!

I'm not a fan of the USA thing about the cover, but Mag is amazing... I know many of you guys don't get her appeal, but where you see "expressionless" and "boredom", I see edginess, sexiness, superiority, the "ice-queen godness" Magdalena is... that's what I see, of course. Therefore, I love this cover, she's just drop-dead gorgeous! :wub:

i see edginess and sexiness too, but i also see a squared head, small eyes, thin lips, cleft chin [just my taste, but still], no neck etc etc. sorry.

i'm excited to see alana's ed though :rofl:

The cover would've worked with a model who looked American. I know that's weird, but there is defintiely a look that wasn't achieved here.

Here's Magdalena's edit by Tom Munro, can't read Russian, so maybe someone else can can point out who the fashion editor is.

scanned in by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->