Vogue Russia January 2016 : Cuba Tornado Scott by Michel Comte

LJYingLM

Reaction score
Photography: Michel Comte
Stylist: Ayako Yoshida
Hair: Peter Savic
Makeup: Nathan Hejl

tumblr/womenmanagement

I'm torn about this one. I somehow like it, but something about it feels low class? The colors are nice though.

I don't really like it, because she looks like a bodybuilder or boxer preparing for her match.

Never heard of her until now.

You wouldn't have, this is just about her debut fashion cover - bought, no doubt. She is the granddaughter of Ridley Scott (Alien, Prometheus, The Martian etc). She's not an awful looking girl, but the styling is not ideal for this angle. Don't get why Vogue Russia is so mad about close-ups.

^now I see it! Especially with the shaved hair. Thanks for the info.

What a awful start for Vogue Russia. Next, please! This is too overwhelming.

You wouldn't have, this is just about her debut fashion cover - bought, no doubt.

and it shows :doh:
terrible cover imo... and it´s not just her, the styling is terrible.

I just can't with that name.... :wacko:

The cover looks ok but, will it sell... very weak start of 2016 from them... it's like they just wanted to close the office and go on holidays so they did this...

If I had the right amount of money, I could be on any Vogue I want.

Because that's how it works now.

I just can't get over the ridiculous name...

Of all the people living off some relative's fame, I probably find this type infinitely more insufferable than the Kendalls or Gigis.. same upbringing but with a spin of the worst version of a hipster: "I'm like, OBSESSED with paul harnden and like this bracelet means so much to me I got it at like, Coachella, I think it's important to be an individual"... :rolleyes:..

Last edited by a moderator:
Russian vogue is so trying to look innovative, however her personality just popped up in october interview, so no wonder after flipping it through Victoria decided "to go more underground. we are making fashion here, we`re conde nast". This is srsly ridiculous all their attempts...

Bad styling and she's looking a little too intense for my comfort.

You wouldn't have, this is just about her debut fashion cover - bought, no doubt. She is the granddaughter of Ridley Scott (Alien, Prometheus, The Martian etc). She's not an awful looking girl, but the styling is not ideal for this angle. Don't get why Vogue Russia is so mad about close-ups.

So she’s Ridley’s granddaughter… interesting. Typical silly celebrity-child name aside, she has potential to look at least interesting: Very Ripley, very V for Vendetta… With the shaved-head, I would think the styling could have so much potential for something graphic, rather than this ready-to-row-my-gondola vibe they’ve got going here.

In any case, I’ll gladly take her to another blank stare from the Stepford wives-Jenners. Even a hamster’s eyes have more soul than those two.

I'm torn about this one. I somehow like it, but something about it feels low class? The colors are nice though.

Yeah, the colours of the shot are the only redeeming quality! Everything is.. random and just shockingly bad.

I had absolutely no idea as to who Cuba was, until a quick Google search informed me her grandfather Ridley Scott is from a town not too far from where I live - very interesting.

^ it's not even the daughters anymore, now we also have to endure the granddaughters LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mooncholly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->