Vogue Russia June 2010 : Doutzen Kroes by Terry Richardson

got it today. the cover is text-less ll test is written on wrap as it happened with january issue (cudos, very good idea!)

Jewellery

Marloes Horst by Miles Aldridge
styled by Simon Robins

usual make-up/ jewelry stuff from Miles with red lips, open mouths on every shot (must looking sexy, i suppose? i don`t know actually how it turns out) agressive and massive jewelry and lots of blue color on the background

ill eat u!
Doutzen by Terry Richardson
styled by Simon Robins

boring studio shot with swimsuits and curvy Doutzen and usual awful Robins styling

Words, written on the wind
Ranya Mordanova by KT Auleta
styled by Simon Robins

sort of try to exploating 1950s theme. muted color, urban, road environment. i have to say, it looks way better than KT always does

9 1/2 minutes

Tori Praver & Tyson Ballou by Sharif Hamza
styled by Simon Robins

"Sharif was Meisel and Steven Klein`s assistant. these are best still-shots from his movie he directed form Vogue. ru site" - reassuring us Russian Vogue. it`s sorta mix between Steven Klein and Chat Pitman works for Vogue Turkey and Harpers bazaar Turkey. guys are trying too hard to imitate sort of passion and sex (i guess, that must be sex) in car with lots of jewelry sweaty bodies and pseudo-orgasmic facial expressions. all shots are portraits. i must say, that`s kinda ridiculous and so "trying too hard": sleeky sex in fashion magazines

and you can beat me, but i think its the best Russian Vogue cover in 2010...

Last edited by a moderator:
the cover is text-less ll test is written on wrap as it happened with january issue (cudos, very good idea!)

i second this, although the word sex is definitely not appropriate for a vogue cover, in my opinion. i'm looking forward to seeing ranya's edit, such a pleasant surprise she got to appear in vogue russia..!
thanks for the review and scans, ASF and NeverDrinkAgain! :flower:

While I find myself vaguely interested in seeing just what exactly constitutes sexy in the world of Terry Richardson, I can't help but think that if it involves seeming uncomfortable and looking like a drowned Malibu Barbie, then I'm not going to be too interested in all this. Terry can do better, Doutzen can do better, Vogue Russia can do better - the cover just looks painful.

Good grief, I am a big fan of Doutzen but this editorial is tacky beyond belief! What a waste of a beautiful girl, but then, this IS Terry.

it got worse :doh: Doutzen is a fav beauty of mine, but not a fan of this or her here AT ALL. :shock:

From a taste standpoint, I was expecting worse so I am relieved about that.

Basically, it is a mediocre ed - or at least it's mediocre to be the headline ed for a second tier edition of Vogue, by the way I like Vogue Russia better than some of the top tier editions. Anyhoo, both the photographer and model did a mediocre job, I am not saying that they are mediocre overall, but they were on this job. I am still debating on the stylist; I really like the clothes themselves, but they don't not flatter Doutzen's body. The reason why I am debating on whether or not the stylist is at fault is because the model and the photographer should be able to make that work with posing, direction and if needed, a tiny bit of photo editing.

Not exactly impressed with Doutzen's edit, but I like it. Defiantly a lackluster issue so far.
I don't feel hyped up for anything else either, after reading the review. Thanks for the scans NDA!

9 1/2 minutes| Vogue Russia June 2010 HQ
Tori Praver & Tyson Ballou by Sharif Hamza
styled by Simon Robins

scanned by me

wow tyson ballou unexpected:bounce:... nice ed!... BTW the doutzen´s ed is just shameful for a Vogue magazine:doh::yuk: (At least we should be thankful that he did not put her eating a banana or a monkey hanging from his shoulder:lol::ninja:).... but also I admit she looks gorgeous:heart:

Words, written on the wind
Model: Ranya Mordanova
Ph: KT Auleta
Style: Simon Robins

scanned by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993