Vogue Russia May 2021 : Simona Kust by Emmie America

What the...??? It took that entire crew to turn out such a terrible cover?
No to everything! I don't get why this is so bad because Russian magazines are very good at thematic stories and set design. They're probably the only ones who still care about production value.

This looks like a political statement though they are trying to make it about 'dialogue' in general. Not impressed by this cover anyway

What the...??? It took that entire crew to turn out such a terrible cover?
No to everything! I don't get why this is so bad because Russian magazines are very good at thematic stories and set design. They're probably the only ones who still care about production value.
What an interesting blanket statement. I’m not that familiar with Russian magazines and would love to know more. Would you care to elaborate on this? :flower:

Wowza, I am having vicarious embarrassment right now, because I live in this country... A total pile of cr*p!
What is this amateur lighting? What is with the outdated composition and concept? What is with the terrible typography? An atrocity. Moreover, a total disgrace to the political issues that are going on here now. So clear that she just wants to ride the hype train.

I honestly ran out of words that wouldn't be censored.

Lol idk why but I'm actually vibing with this cover...maybe it's because I'm feeling this exact emotion inside on a daily basis? :lol: Haha but this cover does intrigue me and makes me want to see more, so that's a win in my books I guess.

Maybe this cover is weird, but there's something special about it, and I like it.
But broken glass reminds me more of Russian frosts :smile: Not the May, but rather the November / December mood.

This is not even Tatler-level....mmmm

It's actually a really interesting shot, like a still from a movie. However I don't think this screams (excuse the pun) fashion at all.

Vogue Russia May 2021

We Do Our Best To Ensure Your Safety

Photography: Emmie America
Styling: Olga Dunina
Hair: Marina Roy
Makeup: Alisa Valevskaya
Models: Simona Kust, Jenya Griber, Yumma, Sima, Roma Savalkha, Egor, Alina Muzychenko, Egor Eremeev, Masha Raeva, Vasiliy Mikhailov, Aleksey Kumantsov, Anton Grishin, Valeriy Tkachev

Vogue Russia Digital Edition

Love the opening spread, and I like the idea of this being a set of film stills. But the overall story is not strong enough.

Vogue Russia May 2021

We Are So Different

Photography: Yan Yugay
Styling: Olga Dunina
Hair: Niko Rish
Makeup: Alena Moiseeva
Models: ??

Vogue Russia Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members