Vogue September Issue First Look

justaguy

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted, but thought I'd share!

Ad in the August issue of GQ.

Get on the list to uncover the most extraordinary September issues yet, delivered to your door by Amazon days before the rest

Vogue.com/Septemberissue2015

Comes in a limited edition customer Vogue box.

What can this promotion bring? extra attentions to the magazine?

I think a youtube plaque is more interesting than a vogue something to majority, just saying.
This idea of getting a magazine before anyone else sounds off.

Last edited by a moderator:
This idea of getting a magazine before anyone else sounds off.

This form of exclusivity is rife in the fashion industry, especially among brands. I'm not surprised magazines are jumping on the same bandwagon. There's the prestige attached of having Vogue before everyone else, you see. :lol: Being a subscriber simply isn't enough for them anymore.

We'll see how Amazon advances its management, that's the only benefit I could possibly think of.

This is huge for Amazon! Although they are the biggest online retailer, an exclusive such as this is quite impressive. Not only does this partnership drive new customers but also pushes "iffy" existing readers (such as myself) to potentially purchasing through this offer whereas they/I would normally no longer run to the store to buy it (like I would have years ago). Overall, just a great marketing strategy to drive those sales.

By the way, it should read, "Comes in a limited edition CUSTOM Vogue box." :smile:

I do wonder how Postmates fared with their similar Vogue deal for the March issue? They vowed to deliver that issue within an hour to readers in LA and NY. I personally think the marketing was almost non-existent (at the time only Adweek or Adage reported on the deal whereas now most of the main fashion outlets are flogging the Amazon effort) which was probably why they got the boot. Also, they're a start-up, so the prestige and customer faith is not on par with a stupendous company such as Amazon. I think my main problem with Amazon stems purely from a millennial distrust of big corporations and their monopolisation of whichever sphere they inhabit.

I don't care for Vogue when Amazon is considering drone delivery. :lol:

Things must be bad, when the issue can't speak for itself in terms of what it has to offer, and instead, I'm supposed to get all excited about the delivery format.

So... only the box is exclusive...? And you get it earlier? But content wise-- it's the same cheap-looking issue with the poor-quality paper and catalogue-style edits that anyone can pick up at their local Walmart next to the WWE "wrastlin'" and "Guns & Ammo" rags?

Unless this includes alternative edits-- meaning striking and high fashion ones than the regular water-down editorial of the standard American Vogue issue, this is as interesting and coveted to me as those cheap Target/designer collaborations.

I do wonder how Postmates fared with their similar Vogue deal for the March issue? They vowed to deliver that issue within an hour to readers in LA and NY. I personally think the marketing was almost non-existent (at the time only Adweek or Adage reported on the deal whereas now most of the main fashion outlets are flogging the Amazon effort) which was probably why they got the boot. Also, they're a start-up, so the prestige and customer faith is not on par with a stupendous company such as Amazon. I think my main problem with Amazon stems purely from a millennial distrust of big corporations and their monopolisation of whichever sphere they inhabit.

You bring up a great point, Benn98, regarding millennials. Although there is that distrust amongst a large portion of this segment, that still leaves a considerable percent that will love this idea and socialize it through their various media platforms. That could potentially be huge for Vogue and I'm thinking that's what they're counting on.

I don't question their ability of delivery, think of that anticipatory shipping "I think you may buy it so I send the item to the storehouse near you before you order one" and the push button at home, they are doing fine. My consideration is purely that Vogue won't make it to print within deadline, and Amazon will be all panicking. That must be fun.

My consideration is purely that Vogue won't make it to print within deadline, and Amazon will be all panicking. That must be fun.

Hahaha, now there's a thought, though I doubt it because they've been around the block once with a deal like this. This could go really great, Vogue not only meeting the deadline, but having enough issues on hand. Or really pear-shaped: Vogue overprinting, nobody buying into this deal, and they end up sitting with more surplus stock than usual, lol. Probably if this test drive runs without any hiccups they'll expand on a global scale, what with Amazon having presence in most countries. There's no denying that Vogue's Sept issue generates quite a bit of sales beyond the US.

one wonders if this is the box

20_05_13_Vogue_Limited_Edition_Box_00.jpg

thedieline.comhttps://www.google.com/search?q=lim...=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSEgnBoV7Rv1a5byEgDF7yeIVX1w

^^^ Maybe I'm just ghetto, but that box looks pretty decent... I mean, it's just a $5 rag-- what exactly are you expecting? LOL

did that box even come with the nl first issue..i bought it (but it was in the uk) i never got it

^^^ Maybe I'm just ghetto, but that box looks pretty decent... I mean, it's just a $5 rag-- what exactly are you expecting? LOL

Something more than a plain box? some colors? some pictures? "limited edition custom Vogue box" tells me it's a little better than that. or at least it should be.

Something more than a plain box? some colors? some pictures? "limited edition custom Vogue box" tells me it's a little better than that. or at least it should be.

Or little trinkets such as beauty samples, chickpea chips, or any other fad foods they're pushing. Why arent the advertising jumping on this opportunity? It sucks that when you buy Vogue in Britain you hardly ever get any bonuses, but still pay the full price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->