Vogue Taiwan January 2022 : Peng Chang by Zhong Lin

I'm not easily blown away by magazine covers these days, but this set is breathtaking. So impeccable! The second cover is such a masterpiece, it reminds me of the glorious Vogue Italia August 2010 cover story.

Also this. This is how you do sustainability in fashion. This is likely the only sustainability themed photography I ever enjoyed in Vogue. Bravo!

Both are strong, but the second cover is just stunning. It gave me a little heart lurch that makes me realize how much I miss seeing fashion photography that isn't terrible... Beautiful work. :heart:

The second cover is really strong and potentially quite memorable. Even though she sort of looks like a mermaid in dirty water, it's still powerful and just a vibe in general. The first one was unnecessary, but we're about to be in 2022 and well sadly magazines' existence at large feel unnecessary. No surprise there had to be another option in terms of cover.

Vogue China and Taiwan teaching the Europeans how to do it recently.

Vogue Taiwan keeps on giving us breathtaking covers! Leslie Sun is doing a great job with this magazine.

To quote the Kaiser, personality begins where comparison ends. I don't think Asian Vogues even reference European magazines at all. A Vogue edition that is capable of this masterpiece has neither need nor inclination to abide by any standards or join any tradition whatsoever. The theme may be preexisting, but the execution is not a copy, or a token, or a fake. Art as interpretation is old as hermeneutics. No archival erudition can make these covers less glorious. Excellence can't be disputed in terms of originality, and the fact that from title to motifs Vogue Taiwan does not even try to cover its tracks here proves how strong this edition is. Like Joyce rewriting the Odissey and calling it Ulysses. I don't see this Vogue issue as a sequitur to anything. It compares to no one. I see it as a challenge to the canon.

Wow just wow... beyond gorgeous, such a strong start for the new year: a newcomer on the cover with star potential, her aura totally screams possible future icon, an STUNNING color palette for both covers, and every little styling detail is just beyond. That ice cream is so delicate keeping inside the earthly elements, that combined with the wet hair and skin... ugh! gorgeous! such a fashionable way to express sustainability without falling into kitschy cliches.

Lovely, very pretty and the concept is clear yet not that overdone. This is how it should be on average, not an exception. Of course, it wouldn’t be me if I didn’t bring up THE Kristen by Meisel editorial and cover, where sustainability issues and pollution had way more emotional impact with the oil spill, but this is good too.

Now I’m addition to the great model appearances, styling, photography and sets, we need models to actually act and emote!

I wonder hows the relationship between Vogue China and Vogue Taiwan.

Happy New Year to all my precious fellow members and our even more precious mods/TFS staff members! :heart: May this 2022 bring us a lot of memorable fashion magazines/editorials and let's not forget how: "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.".

P.S. My special thanks goes to our dear @Hafyiez wafa, who proved themself, time and time again, as a proper maven when it comes to identifying fashion models and photographers. :flower:

A TALE OF CONTAMINATION
Photography: Zhong Lin
Styling: Joey Lin
Hair: Miley Shen
Make-up: Sting Hsieh
Model: Peng Chang

vogue.com.tw

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members