Vogue Taiwan May 2020

Vogue Luxury: Montage

Photographer: Bosung Kim
Stylist: Mijin Kim
Hair: Lee Enoch
Makeup: Kim Ji Hyun
Cast: So Yu Jeong, Jenny Lorena, Dominika Kamila

Vogue Taiwan Digital Edition

Thank god i not seen photographer Leslie Kee anymore after the relaunched issue.. :mohawk::mrgreen:

Damn, this is a surprisingly great issue with slightly out of date clothes.

Damn, this is a surprisingly great issue with slightly out of date clothes.

Right!?! I'm obsessed with Rise From the Ashes, every single shot. Takes me back to Numero in the late 2000s. I'd have liked it to be a bit longer but it is stunning nevertheless.
Asian animation and CGI art really take up a big space everywhere else except in fashion. I'm glad that these artists got their shine and that this is not an 'art' issue, just a normal fashion one that happens to have art. And that was only because of the pandemic anyway. At least it made going through this magazine fun because I didn't know what to expect. Something all magazines should aim for nowadays. Solid editorials all round, and interestingly enough from the cover to the final edit not a single model has a tread on our forum yet the content is that good. Just goes to show that you don't need to rely on big names in order to impress. Vogue Taiwan is now officially my most favourite of the Asian Vogues. Bring it on, Singapore. :mohawk:

As for Leslie Kee and 'Joshua Ogg, the love of his life' (that's literally how he was billed in the past), I say good riddance.

Amazing issue! Living for the cover and main story :heart:

After the promise of the initial relaunch, it’s been a directionless scurry: The issue after the huge potential of the relaunch was aesthetically disconnected from the stylishly Taiwanese-identity and seemed more i-D/Dazed-wannabe… This issue looks very early-2010 Harper’s Bazaar China with the futuristic/dystopian trope. It’s not a mess— the main fashion story is solid enough, just that it’s coming across as Vogue China’s kid sister picking up after big sis.

After the promise of the initial relaunch, it’s been a directionless scurry: The issue after the huge potential of the relaunch was aesthetically disconnected from the stylishly Taiwanese-identity and seemed more i-D/Dazed-wannabe… This issue looks very early-2010 Harper’s Bazaar China with the futuristic/dystopian trope. It’s not a mess— the main fashion story is solid enough, just that it’s coming across as Vogue China’s kid sister picking up after big sis.

Maybe my bias is that I compare the new Vogue Taiwan to the type of content they've put out last year, or any other year before that. The type of cheap and tacky editorials photographed by the likes of Leslie Kee that would only ever be deemed acceptable by, to borrow your phrase, a 'mall rag'.

^^^ It’s absolutely an improvement on that Leslie person’s plague, but is going from the tackiness of Philip Plein to the tackiness of Versace such an overall improvement…???

It’s Vogue Hong Kong all over again: Promising inaugural/relaunch issue. Then let’s-make-it-up-as-we-go-along from there on :sigh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->