Vogue Thailand February 2013 : Si Tanwiboon by Hans Feurer

AnemonefisH

Reaction score
First Look of first issue to be lauched in Thailand 25th Feb.

Si Tanwiboon in headgear by Philip Treacy exclusive for Vogue Thailand
72939_449235875130392_2041867600_n.jpg

Vogue Thailand

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the pose very much, it reminds me of a picture Patrick Demarchelier took out of Christy Turlington with lots of feathers somehow. I'm not sure about her expression, it's not strong enough, the gold makes it look cheap though for me, I know it's Thailand immediately so I guess it's important: gold, goddess' inspired. However I don't like the fact that they used English titles, they need their own identity. All in all for me this looks more like a cover for Harper's Bazaar and I don't feel the elegance nor sense of fashion, it's just a beauty shot, a close up with a gold background and a woman who doesn't show emotion so it's kinda blank to start with. I don't want to be too harsh, they're starting and some people will say "it's just as a good place to start as any" but I don't agree, the first cover should define their style and say to the world "here we are". I like her skin, the neck but that's about it. I'll wait to see the editorial previews but for me this mag will perhaps stay with Vogue Taiwan, Vogue Netherland and Vogue Portugal I think.

I don`t like it :( Seems like a disaster. I hope it gets better. Well at least it used a Thai model.

However I don't like the fact that they used English titles, they need their own identity. All in all for me this looks more like a cover for Harper's Bazaar and I don't feel the elegance nor sense of fashion, it's just a beauty shot, a close up with a gold background and a woman who doesn't show emotion so it's kinda blank to start with..

I am totally agree with you.
Thai people like to use English Titles because you can be playful with it.

It is sad to see a Thai magazine without a Thai text on the cover. :(

Underwhelming. It looks very generic. Also, wouldn't this issue be the March edition?

I expect something bigger than this tbh, i don't know why but im feeling 90s vibe on the cover. I hope they're getting better next issue!

For the debut cover this does seem underwhelming, the background color matching the hat is not well done at all, but she does look beautiful.

It looks so bland and the gold makes it look cheap and predictable...such a weak cover for the debut issue.

It looks so bland and the gold makes it look cheap and predictable...such a weak cover for the debut issue.

Everything I wanted to say, lol. One of their preview covers a couple months before was so much better.

I actualy think its a great fit for a first issue. It could be better but the idea is good.
Now the photography is awful, looks very amateur. Plus they could have gone with a known model for the first issue.
Vogue is becoming so generic...its like everything can be Vogue now

I'm so happy when their first cover, they chose something that represent culture. The headpiece is beyond words to describe; the model looks stunning.

^I agree. It's nice to see they went with a little nod to the Thai culture for the first issue. And the gold tone to the cover is pretty. The cover looks really fantastic, it's a great way to start out a new edition. They still have tons of room to improve which I'm sure they'll do in the next issues, but for a first cover, I think it's quite lovely.

The idea of the cover is good but the execution comes off as cheap and tired.

oh boy, am expecting more than this. maybe like 5 asian models like the first issue of vogue china with gemma, or something more. the cover doesnt scream Vogue to me. i guess their teaser cover more appealing than this.

I don't like it, but it doesn't matter because it probably won't be on sale here.
Also, it's silly to judge a magazine by the first cover.

I like this cover. It's celebratory and appears to represent their culture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->