Vogue Thailand January 2019 : Urassaya Sperbund by Joseph Degbadjo

ChicSaks

Reaction score
VOGUE_JAN2019_190104_0001.jpg

vogue thailand instagram

It had all the elements of being a stunning cover, but it fell flat.

The colors are an eyesore, the layout is no better.

Agreed! While I like that they chose a blue that matched the dress, I'm not hot on the font chosen for the text at the bottom. The white background balances out how colourful the dress is for me, but a quick glance and it looks like they accidentally photoshopped her arms out because of the pose.

Maybe it's time to ignore this edition like people in this forum do to Taiwanese Vogue...

I like the colour of that font, that's it. Not a fan of these floral outfits on magazine covers. Too obtrusive. And in my mind it's probably a onesie, like the one Karlie Kloss wore on Vogue Spain last year.

This magazine started off on a high and I liked it for some time afterwards. Even when they covered local celebs. But lately it's just gone off.

This magazine started off on a high and I liked it for some time afterwards. Even when they covered local celebs. But lately it's just gone off.

I know some people from Thailand who will buy this for their social life... the fact that this magazine is only for “elite class” is a big let down on how they serve it. Last month the main ed is completely a Steven Meisel’s rip off that shows how pretentious the scene is. I don’t care about this edition anymore like many people here so let it be its own way.

Better than US Vogue or UK Vogue. I would change the color of the text to enhance the contrast.

I must be the only one who likes the font colors but I think they make it all look so fresh and clean.

I can see the appeal of that Vuitton dress. It has an over-the-top quality that would appear eye-catching on the newsstand, which explains why several editors have put it on their respective covers (I believe that cover of VP with Kaia also used this dress, and there’s also a Vogue spain cover with Alicia iirc). But shooting it from this angle and with that pose is risky if the model can’t take that much fabric. The outfit is clearly overwhelming the model here. Maybe instead of that dated, armpit-showing pose, they should’ve just gone with a beauty shot.

The colors are an eyesore, the layout is no better.
Agreed, the blue is an eyesore! The model and the blouse plus the clean white background were enough

watched her in a movie two days ago and she looks so beautiful and stunning..too bad she looks so flat here

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->