Vogue Thailand October 2018 : Gemma Ward by Wasan Puengprasert

the cover look awkward because they removed the background to make it look like a studio shot. The original pic is much better

my snap

But I prefer this photo to be the cover, it would look much more refreshing

my snap

The Grand Tour
Photographer: Wasan Puengprasert
Stylist: Jirat Subpisankul
Model: Gemma Ward

Vogue Thailand Digital Edition

Northern Ray
Photographer: Wasan Puengprasert
Stylist: Jirat Subpisankul
Model: Gemma Ward

Vogue Thailand Digital Edition

Still sparkling. The eyes in the opening shot of the edit are pure 2005.. imagine if that was the cover!

Still sparkling. The eyes in the opening shot of the edit are pure 2005.. imagine if that was the cover!
Right? She really is one of very few models who can give life to a story, from her eyes and body language.

To be fair, the editorial is a lot better than the cover. They should have just shot the cover with that beautiful white background from the first editorial image, if they wanted to celebrate heritage.

Gemma is gorgeous nonetheless, but that cover edited like that, should have never been allowed to be on print with a model of her status.

She doesn't look good at all. I'm fed up with her "comebacks"

Watch her get pregnant and disappear again , lol

I don´t know how much photoshop is involved but she looks the same!
Vogue UK 2007 / Vogue Thailand 2018

romanceinthestars.wordpress.com
Vogue Thailand Digital Edition vi June

I think that it would be better for her leaving a great legacy rather than coming back thousands of times just to get totally forgettable jobs. I used to love her, but now she is so average and actually boring. Not to mention that on her Instagram I found out that she doesn't have that great personality. It's so sad but reminds me of Snejana. Instagram ruins not only designers but also models.

Really? i think her Instagram is quite simple and inoffensive. She's not particularly engrossed in it at all compared to some other former top models we know.

Really? i think her Instagram is quite simple and inoffensive. She's not particularly engrossed in it at all compared to some other former top models we know.

No, she is not as bad as Snejana. Thank God. But anyway I don't like some comments she has made. I am probably misjudging because I'm telling what kind of person she is based only on some comments which is a very small portion of her being. But anyhow I don't like her face anymore. It is weird because I was in love with her but beauty standards change so fast that I don't like her anymore; I actually don't like any of the doll-faced models anymore. I'm glad most of them are retired and that there are new faces to appreciate.

What a mixed bag of an editorial! I both like and loathe some of the shots. I find the opening one with the white castle very Disney world, and the last one where she's 'looking wistful' with that PLASTIC straw, sorry, that's some really bad modelling! I think a lot of what's wrong with the edits is the styling. In some places it doesn't work with the setting. But that said, I do like the very last shot of her in the monochrome dress, the one with her tiptoeing past the rice plantation in that lime dress, and the motorcycle image.

The issue with Thailand's castles and historical buildings etc is that it can look very tacky and gaudy in photographs, but that can be prevented by using simple styling and poses.

I must say I don't like the cover at all. And the editorial reminds me of Marie-Claire. Very forgettable and very boring.

I am all for seeing a revival of the likes of Gemma Ward and Sasha Pivovarova but the past two covers Vogue Thailand have delivered have resembled something from 2006, as opposed to something fresh and modern in 2018. Another missed opportunity for me!

*Dear fashion industry, the only comeback we want is Daria Werbowy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->