Vogue Turkey July 2018 : Cindy Crawford by Miguel Reveriego

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Jul 2, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

2. Ed..

Ed.. cape cod kwassa kwassa!

Oh lord... I love Reveriego but why are all his Vogue covers so bad?

3. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen a less flattering photograph of Cindy.

4. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Yikes, it IS very unflattering, not to mention cliched. Did they really needed to go with such a basic approach? What bothers me most is the fake-looking skintone.

Any of those other names should've gotten the cover, even Donatella.

5. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

The retouching is overkill. The flat hair is hideous. This is not how you do Cindy Crawford. They did her dirty.

6. fierrousa

fierrousa Member

This is the worst cover image of Cindy i have never seen and I love her, Ugly styling and angle. Even paparazzi pics are much better.

7. happycanadian

happycanadian Well-Known Member

It's truly awful. This is probably the worst professional photograph I've EVER seen of Cindy Crawford, and they put it on the cover of Vogue?! Absurd.

8. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

Maybe the intern accidentally ****ed up the cover right before it hit the print? Thats the only explanation that would make sense to me.
    I bet she's living for the resurgence of her career sidekick by her daughter so this must be a slap in the face. Then again I assume she herself must have some kind of cover veto, she can't possibly have allowed this herself no?

#8 Vitamine W, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited by moderator akaneiluj: Jul 2, 2018
  9. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

Cindy is trying SO BAD to come back on top of her game and it is backfiring so hard. The "my daughter is beautiful" play sure isn't getting her as much attention as she thought.

She looks terrible and it's everyone's fault, including her. Most of the supers don't look that great either nowadays, sure, it's a plastic surgery snoozefest. But at least most still got something. Naomi is still a force of nature. Cindy looks like an amateur here. Terrible. Like she was caught mid-pose. The "no-make up" looks doesn't work on her, the "nude" outfit just washes her out even more... all terrible. The photoshop party... wow.

10. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

This is genuinely terrible. I hate to say it but she looks actually unattractive here, bet she's fuming!

11. versustito

versustito Well-Known Member

12. versustito

[​IMG]
    twitter.com/vogueturkiye

13. versustito

The cover is UGLY ! The editorial is nice

14. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Doubt it, in her mind a Vogue cover is a Vogue cover and she probably knows the offers won't be pouring in going forward. She was always (mostly) excluded from all the reunion covers and campaigns. And since Clooney finally tied the knot, her position as vetting his flames for marriage material has lost it's usefulness. Luckily for her, Kaia changed all that.

Cindy's work for Revlon was stellar (that was before they brought in Sarah O'Hare and Halle Berry to show her up). She should try to recapture those hyperglam and glossy poses from the early 90s. That's what she and Claudia have over a lot of other supers and these modern girls.

15. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Yikes.

This magazine needs a HUGE shakeup.

16. Bertrando3

Bertrando3 Well-Known Member

Couldn´t have said it better myself. Agreed on every word.

17. mepps

mepps Active Member

That cover makes me sad for Cindy.
    She was truly one of the great Supers and is still a beautiful woman,
    but her attempts at a comeback have been a big fail.
    This has to be her worst cover ever. Nothing works here.
    She looks so awkward in that pose, and the nude makeup look never works for older women. She needs to always be styled full on glam.
    Flush this.

18. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

What is wrong with these people at VT?

Blame a model for poor runway work, but never blame the model of looking horrific in a fashion shoot. And tis is horrific. That’s the fault of the photographer and the creative team.

Cindy was never truly a high fashion model the way the rest of the Supers were. She was a very commercial, glamourized spokesperson for consumer brands. And the fact that her lack of modelling skills is showing now in her more mature years is so painful to see. The fact that she’s unaware that her beauty is not what it once was, nor can she solely still rely on the same casual poses that in her younger years, were enough to get her by. Why photographers can’t see this shows how weak they are. Cindy in 2018 needs all the help she can in looking the part. It’s not 1989 anymore, and simply tossing her head back is not working.

19. SLFC

SLFC Active Member

It didn't have to be like this. Why did it have to be like this?

20. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

For someone who used to boast about her business acumen when it came to modelling, she seems to have lost sight of what "the product" is currently capable of offering to the world. She doesn't need to do cover shoots for magazines that end up looking like this - she could hire her own team and get full approval on every image that she puts out.

But if your ego wants to see you and your daughter on Vogue covers at the same time... be careful what you wish for.