• Start date
D

Deleted member 141523

by Alexandra Gordienko
13769468_1084687974956492_5761480251033291875_n.jpg

Facebook Vogue Ukraine

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yes. not feeling this though

Olympia Scarry photographed by Alexandra Gordienko.

I like the "avant garde" concept but this feels half way done... maybe with a different model or styling. It ends up looking like a supplement cover imo.
But kudos for trying something new, better this than something commercial and cheap looking.

I want to like this, but the cover looks like their June 2016 cover with Emily DiDonato (which is also looking at the same direction). Even for an unconventional cover shot, the cover still feels odd? I feel that if she were looking straight at the camera, it would have been a better laid back cover. What a wasted opportunity.

I admire Vogue Ukraine for trying, but they have to remember that sometimes when you try so hard you end up with a something bad or at the very least, something odd.

I want to like this, but the cover looks like their June 2016 cover with Emily DiDonato (which is also looking at the same direction). Even for an unconventional cover shot, the cover still feels odd? I feel that if she were looking straight at the camera, it would have been a better laid back cover. What a wasted opportunity.

I admire Vogue Ukraine for trying, but they have to remember that sometimes when you try so hard you end up with a something bad or at the very least, something odd.

I had the exact same reaction and I feel a look STRAIGHT TOWARDS the camera is ALWAYS working for a COVER, whyyyyy on earth do magazines try to sell magazines with cover subjects not looking at us, the readers?? It never works. But yeah kudos for trying something edgy and not commercial like other members said yes.

it would be okay for me if it's an indie magazines not a vogue franchise. this is giving me a strange feeling.

I'm always excited to see what they come up with. Sure it's not my cup of tea, but it's refreshing nonetheless and I applaud them for keeping it interesting.

It's kinda bold. Not yet sure how I feel about it, but it's not boring.

She's watching BFF Dasha Zhukova park her 100 foot super yacht just down the shore....

That is definitely in the Top 5 of the worst covers I've seen in my life.

Really not feeling this.
Are they suffering from an identity crisis? It's like seeing a different magazine every month. I would have loved a full body shot with more energy.

She's watching BFF Dasha Zhukova park her 100 foot super yacht just down the shore....
:lol::lol:

I was wondering why have someone that semi (what's less than semi..) happened in 2006, then saw the angle and understood.

I loved their previous covers, but this is not good. :(

No. :eyeroll:

:lol::lol:

Well, I like it! It helps that I cannot see Olympia's face, but the lighting and backdrop really elevates this for me. Looking forward to see the edit!

I could just imagine how excited this woman was to find out she got there cover but they did her dirty. It's a strange and unfortunate angle. Her nose looks big and it looks like she has a bald spot. :blink: It's just plain weird and not in an ironic high fashion way.

I'm not feeling this cover too. Where is fashion here? Want some glamur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->