Vogue Ukraine December 2019 : Olena Zelenska by Paul Bellaart

The second cover is so powerful. I would've ran that as the SOLE cover.

The other 2 are cheesy

Is she the wife of the comedian president? A bit odd to see them doing press considering all the talk happening right now.
Also, it seems Europeans are catching onto the trend of giving first ladies Vogue covers?

If I must choose, I like the third one because it looks very 'private lives'. Second one is too cliched with the power pose, it has been done before in Vanity Fair and American Vogue. And speaking of done before, the first cover looks very much like their May one.....

Alba-Rohrwacher-covers-Vogue-Ukraine-May-2019-by-Stefano-Galuzzi-1.jpg

Fashionmodeldirectory

The first cover brings me joy, it's cheesy but at least doesn't scream pretentious.

whatever, I don't get this whole first, second and third lady covers... keep them away please... fashion should sometimes be political when it is necessary but I don't think it's a place for politically affiliated people... give us a f...ing breather!

Yet appearances are such a huge part of the political game, especially for women.

I might not be on the same page as someone else when it comes to how we vote - but what other women have to say about how they're perceived in public probably holds true across the board. I'm always interested in how someone creates and relates to their persona - for example, when people talk about using fashion as armour, or using make-up as a means to face the world.

whatever, I don't get this whole first, second and third lady covers... keep them away please... fashion should sometimes be political when it is necessary but I don't think it's a place for politically affiliated people... give us a f...ing breather!

if fashion wants to be political, it should NEVER forget who it is. Fashion MUST still be at the forefront.

i’m sick and tired of politicians wanting to be on the cover, but refusing to LOOK the part in fear of not appealing to the masses and it be used against them.

Imagine if that Women Running for US President spread would have looked like if they were all wearing couture and in a studio.

Last edited:
Cute covers, I like the second one. The third one looks like she's wearing the same outfit as the wifes from The Handmaid's Tale, just saying.

That's Melania, Benn.

LOOOOOL! No lies detected.

America aside, I find it more interesting that it appears to become commonplace for politicians to use Vogue covers as a way to convey messages. What happened to good old tv interviews?
In a way, it legitimises the magazine to a larger demographic as much as it legitimises the subject to an exclusive fashion set. I'm not sure it's a win for either party involved.

These covers perfectly illustrate the stagecraft at play when high profile subjects appears on magazine covers. The 'plain Jane who could be anyone's friend' on the first cover, the 'career woman exuding power' on the second one, and the family woman. There we go, all the bases covered and all the targets reached. Masterful!

I agree with KissMiss 100%.
Sometimes I want to escape all the mess not continually be reminded of it.
These covers are more appropriate for 'Time', 'People', or 'Vanity Fair'.
Vogue doesn't gain credibility by featuring politicians.
I miss a time when browsing magazines was enjoyable.

Very interesting that VUA decided to step into the political arena... with this President and First Lady! I know Ze received an overwhelming vote in the elections, but he's pretty polarizing, especially more recently. I guess the magazine is counting on the support for the younger people, which, I believe, Ze is enjoying still.

As far as the covers go, they're perfectly in line with the subjects and the image they're trying to get across.

Travel supplement - Anna Shut by Stephan Lisowski.

Any info on contents? is this magazine can be bought as digital?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muggins1265
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"