Vogue Ukraine December 2020/January 2021 : Luna Bijl by Liz Collins

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

Festive and luxurious! I don’t mind that her neck looks as if it is being swallowed by the fur collar but who needs neck when you look this fabulous! I do, however, prefer the shot of the same outfit in on the second page of the editorial though. That looks more cover-worthy to me.

vogue28 and whippie like this.
  2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Leith Clark once again proved what an exceptional stylist and image-maker she is. And that she's not tied to a specific aesthetic, unlike so many stylists. Who would say these images were styled by the same person who helped define British Harper's Bazaar's fragile and fairytale feminine identity?

3. 9sete

9sete Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#23 9sete, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  4. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Its a very simple concept but she took it to the next level. Th eeditorial is just as good especially the first and last two shots. She is most definitely one of the best models of her generation.

Razjel, RedSmokeRise and June21 like this.
  5. russianelf

russianelf Well-Known Member

Ok can someone please tell me who this woman is and why do I keep seeing her on all these regional publications - on a beauty supplement of all things? I'm so confused, does she buy covers or something?

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  6. Hafyiez wafa

Hafyiez wafa Well-Known Member

Lol ... same :rofl:
    I just recently check her ig, I'm shocked she got soo many cover like Glamour, Harper's Bazaar, Elle

If she is top model.. why i'm not found her in models.com

#26 Hafyiez wafa, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    RedSmokeRise likes this.
  7. tjasmine

tjasmine Active Member

Wow, stunning cover!! :heart:

8. spiceboy

spiceboy Active Member

cause she is not. she is obviously buying the covers. unfortunately even Vogue Ukraine needs to pay bills. Times are tough.

Screenshot_20201204_180947_com.jpg

This comment is now deleted.

9. russianelf

That's why you don't just give out regional Vogue franchises left and ride... A Vogue edition selling a cover to a random rich person is a disgrace....

Bertrando3, caioherrero and aracic like this.
  10. cestmagique

cestmagique you set the scene

What she saved on cheap facial work, she spent on covers... yikes.

11. spiceboy

spiceboy Active Member

Economy sucks but she's doing ok, this is their covergirl :shock:

12. spiceboy

spiceboy Active Member

it's quite sad, this plague of 'everything is for sale' in print has now jumped from franchises such as Lofficiel, Elle and Harper's to Vogue...

13. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

She indeed invested in the cover, but I don't personally mind. I tagged her in one of my Insta stories earlier this year when she appeared on the cover of Serbian Bazaar, and she followed back and started chatting and thanking. Looks like a kind person, grateful for being able to afford these covers.

[​IMG]
    (fashionmodeldirectory.com)

When I saw this backlash, I got into thinking, how is she different from Kylie Jenner or Chiara Ferragni, except she paid for her cover with cash, whereas the other two are paying with social media influence/promotion?
    I would like to live in a world (or time) where only models are appearing on fashion covers (no celebs, influencers, activists or whoever), but, truth be told, I'd rather support someone who lives for a Vogue cover and lives the ''Vogue lifestyle'', instead of an Alicia Vikander looking as enthusiastic as a dead fish on her LV-paid covers. Of course, there has to be control and the demand production-wise would truly have to be: ''make it Vogue''.

14. spiceboy

spiceboy Active Member

"grateful for being able to afford these covers" truly describes this situation.

There's very few ways to justify this. You are implying money vs exposure is the same for a magazine, it's not. Let's say a TV star in the 90s had exposure, now that exposure is followers. That said, there's also 100s of influencers with millions of followers who do not get VOGUE covers.

If L'officiel, Harper's Serbia, Malaysia, Vietnam, all those Glamours, Elles or whichever will take money from any gold digger with a check to buy a cover then what is the point of tha?

Conde Nast dropped a ball here, seeing what's going on with all these licenses around the East Euro and SEA region they should have kept a tighter grip.

June21 likes this.
  15. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

I do get your point, but there are already so many as equally trashy cover personalities whose presence in magazines is not being questioned in a way like this, just because they part of the public showbiz (like Cardi B, Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton etc.). I only try to care about the final result - the visual experience, so if a cover by Kaki Swid or Katy Perry is nice enough, I won't care who they are and what they do - I will buy the magazine, as I did in the past. Not to mention how many models we love are of questionable and shady behavior, but we get past that as we love the outcome of their work. To name one, Naomi.

It's very simple - to keep the business running unfortunately. That's why I said each magazine has to set the standard if they are willing or forced to sell their covers.

Bertrando3 likes this.
  16. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

Kaki seems very interesting. Apparently she has done a lot of runway work and her new screen play is a big hit :rofl:

17. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

No disrespect, but is Kaki a common name in Ukraine? Because it literally means “feet” in Indonesian.

mikel likes this.
  18. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

She’s American. So she’s not even a local ‘celebrity’.

Razjel likes this.
  19. russianelf

It's so funny and I really don't wanna be disrespectful to her that much... but it literally means sh*t in Russian...

dontbeadrag, dodencebt and Razjel like this.
  20. russianelf

You (and me too) might not like Jenner, Ferragni and other blogger-celebs, but they do pose an interest to the general public. They did achieve fame and they have fans. But a person, even a nice one, simply buying a cover...

Don't have anything against her, it's more that I'm shocked by the behaviour of those publications.