Vogue Ukraine February 2020 : Margaret Qualley by Yorgos Lanthimos

Qualley by Lanthimos? Are they going to be collaborating on a project? Because if not, this is quite random. And that is stupid shot, sorry.

That is a very large tongue. Words I never thought I'd say in regards to a Vogue cover...
It's can't be real, right?

This time, they went too far in attempt of being unique and interesting.

It's definitely a prosthetic tongue, upon closer inspection, but I was a little concerned for Margaret at first glance. Maybe Yorgos is trying to make a statement about something or other, I don't know. What's clear is that what works in his films or what might work in editorially, in some contexts, doesn't translate well to the cover of Vogue. It's a revolting image.

Enough of these filmmakers shooting magazine covers and campaigns! Why is this becoming the new normal?
Anyway, of course, the cover is terrible. And having a cinema issue with Margaret Qualley is like having a model issue with Kendall Jenner, and I can actually tolerate both. There are far too many legitimate deserving actresses who should've gotten this cover.

Photography: Yorgos Lanthimos
Styling: Eliza Conlon
Hair: Franziska Presche
Make-up: Janessa Paré
Set Design: Polly Philp
Talent: Margaret Qualley

touchdigital.co.uk

I think Lanthimos is one of the greatest filmmakers of our time, but I don't understand the narrative here. Seems to be edgy for the sake of edginess. But then again that is VU's shtick, so I guess it all works

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->