Vogue's Top 10 Collections

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
I definetly do not agree with this. :doh: First of all, P.Schouler's S/S '04 collection didn't get too good of a review, as Cathy Horyn said '.. majority of their pieces seem to be searching for an identity..". Costa's debut at Klein was good, but not good enough to be called one of the 10 best collections for S/S '04.

What it should have been:

-Louis Vuitton
-Chanel
-McQueen
-Rick Owens
-Prada
-Peter Som (instead of P. Schouler)
-Marc Jacobs
-Comme des Garcons
-Balenciaga
-Helmut Lang (instead of Calvin Klein)

Yeah, I definitely agree that Helmut should have been added.

Marc Jacobs, Proenza, and Chalayan do not belong ANYWHERE NEAR the top 10. I'd like to see Junya and Undercover in there. Same goes for Sophia Kokosalaki.

However, it's nice to see style.com kissing up to Tom Ford anymore. Gucci and YSL were bad and I'm glad they recognized this.

Well, this is Style.com. :ermm:

I think Costa did an alright job, albeit not worthy enough to be in the Top Ten, but not bad overall. As for Chalayan, Vuitton, and Marc Jacobs, they shouldn't even be allowed in the Top 20. :doh: I think Marc Jacobs is Style.com's newest darling replacing Tom Ford. They are crazy that they didn't add Helmut. I should fly up there right now and demand a recount. :innocent:

What I would have picked:

01 - Helmut Lang
02 - Balenciaga
03 - Yohji Yamamoto
04 - Rick Owens
05 - Zero Maria Cornejo
06 - Dries Van Noten
07 - Véronique Branquinho
08 - Rochas
09 - Jil Sander
10 - Junya Watanabe

I'm definetly out of my 'I-Adore-Marc' phase :wink: , but he is the best in the type of design field he designs in. The two collections he did for Spring weren't his best but they were much better than others.

To each their own. :wink: IMO, he doesn't have one single idea that is his own. I used to like the way he would update certain styles, but now it's just ridiculous. I find it funny that most 'critics' praise his work. ^_^ I used to agree with Cathy Horyn quite a bit but now she really bores me.

well, those were the strangest top-ten since a long long time.

Chalayan, Owens, LV, P Schooler, Balenciaga, Jacobs, Chanel, i'm so sorry, did nothing to me. Apart from Chanel which i found 'just' boring, the rest actually had their worst collections and fit perfectly in my personal Worst 10 of the season.

True Style.com is very conservative and highly influenced by passè hyped styles, still, I could easily see Martin Grant, Dries, Margiela, Victor&Rolf, Lanvin, Stella McCartney, Sophia Kokosalaki, Helmut Lang, Marni, even the revamped Dolce&Gabbana (who i usually despise) in their list.

Not a Jacobs fan, still i only think he had a real bad, non-inspired season, we cannot expect designers to perform every six months.

Quite a miss from Style.com, quite style-blind and dated
Thanks for the topic igni :flower:

What I want to know is,are their cooler than cool sunglasses too dark to see anything?

That's a horrendously,misplaced list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->