Vogue's Top 10 Fall 2004 Collections

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by ignitioned32, Mar 29, 2004.

1. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I'm quite surprised (and slightly satisfied) with this list. :shock: First, coming from Style.com, no Marc Jacobs, Gucci or Saint Laurent? :blink: I'm glad they recognized they weren't really good collections. :flower: I'm glad Lanvin got a much deserved position there. Prada, no surprise at all, a Style favorite and the collection was great, itself. What shocked me the most was Under Cover, I never expected Style to put them on the list.

2. metal-on-metal

I saw this earlier and wanted to post it but completely forgot. Thanks for posting, igni. :flower:

Anyway, I was quite surprised by the list, too. I expected Gucci, YSL, Chanel, Versace, etc. How weird a list, no? I mean, since when does Vogue push Undercover and Lanvin so much? The Vuitton and Balenciaga are predictible choices for them, as are Narciso, Prada, and Proenza.

I have to say though, overall, I'm pleased.

3. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

I was actually really dissappointed with the choices. Even though so many people hated Gucci, I think it deserved to be on the list. Not just because it was Tom Ford's last collection or because it's Gucci, but because it actually was a beautiful collection. I know everyone loves Lanvin, but honestly I didn't like the collection at all. It was very bland in color and that made the clothes look boring. Anyway, I was just dissappointed with some of the choices.

4. twinklemepink06

twinklemepink06 New Member

I didn't care for Lanvin much either. and Gucci was okay but I wouldn't say it was my favorite.

5. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I can't belvie they put Undercover on! :heart: :eek: :shock:

6. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

i can't believe that balenciaga and undercover...are on there...

i'm so happy that marni and lanvin are though...and vuitton..my fave...prada is a no-brainer...and i adored rochas...

i really don't get the whole undercover thing and i looked at it again just to make sure, but i would never be caught wearing any of that stuff and it's hard for me to imagine any of those madison ave ladies dressing like that...if they wanted to pick something avant garde...what about cdg...that was a standout collection for sure!?

i am glad to see gucci and ysl get what they deserve...yay-no marc jacobs...even though i didn't hate it this year...well whatever...

i know people who said they loved gucci and ysl and then backtracked once they saw some reviews...so annoying... :angry: some people just don't have a mind of their own... :innocent:

7. softgrey

just to add...i think this is a real landmark occassion...the hooker/slut dressing thing is definitely a thing of the past...all that skintight stuff is over...the silhouette has definitley loosened up and everything is more tasteful...

i'm very happy... :flower:
    yipee...:clap:

8. Nemova

Nemova -

I was disappointed to see LV instead of Marc Jacobs... I thought the latter was much more in tune with the whole 40's/50's atmosphere that seems to be going on. LV was too celtic IMO, too much tartan and heavy fabrics. It was pretty, but wouldn't be my pick.

9. marc jacobs addict

marc jacobs addict New Member

i agree, i liked marc jacobs better than vuitton. but then again, look at my screen name. :blush:

10. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

Don't you love that? I personally find it so amusing when people change their opinions for that reason. We may not agree all the time grey, but the one thing you can say is, at least I'm consistent! :flower:

11. Nemova

Nemova -

i agree, i liked marc jacobs better than vuitton. but then again, look at my screen name. :blush: [/b][/quote]
    :flower: Totally agree. ;)

12. softgrey

Don't you love that? I personally find it so amusing when people change their opinions for that reason. We may not agree all the time grey, but the one thing you can say is, at least I'm consistent! :flower: [/b][/quote]
    indeed you are...spike... :flower:

13. pradaromance

pradaromance New Member

im happy with it...i think narciso should be replaced with YSL, i adored ysl fall collection....have since it came out :heart:

14. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

I did too, I don't know why people started hating it after they initially liked it (hint hint softgrey). But I do think that it should've been on the list even if it wasn't Narciso that got replaced.

15. softgrey

what are you talking about spike... i never said i liked it... i said it was better than gucci and i liked one dress... :shock:

16. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

I didn't mean you :flower: , I mean when people first started posting in the thread on the collection, the were saying they liked it but.....half way through they changed their tune:innocent:. I meant hint hint b/c you recognized a trend of people doing that very thing.

17. softgrey

woops...sorry...i gotcha now...wink, wink... ;)
    :flower:

18. Plumour

Plumour New Member

I'm surprised and not pleased with some choices there :ninja:

19. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:flower: Totally agree. ;) [/b][/quote]
    i also agree on the LV versus MJ choice

Happy & suprised not to see style.com's all time faves (and advertising clients)* like Dior, Chanel, Galliano or Tom's :rolleyes: "celebrated" finale collections there,
    of course they did not deserved a place in the top-10, neither did some others there.

as for the list itself, it was quite schizophrenic..
    of course hey had Lanvin&Marni, those are two of the hottest labels around
    but :blink: ... Undercover? Proenza? Balenciaga? Rodrigues?
    what for?? thats too much hype, since Undercover's collecion was their least interesting ever and Balenciaga :rolleyes: will anyone fit in those clothes?
    Proenza? whyyy? Rodrigues was also quite boring for his own standards, an obvious try for the TF replacement at Gucci Group :innocent:

i'd include Burberry, Dries Van Notten, Martin Grant, Bottega Veneta & Pringle instead, those were highly inspired, well co-ordinated collections.

*so maybe their choices are finally not squarely based on their client list.. right chickonspeed?

20. ultramarine

ultramarine chaos reigns

totally agree ... apparently Vogue wanted not-to-be-so-late-about-noting-the-trend ... I just swoon over the fact that Lanvin and ROCHAS are in there!