Vogue's Top Beauty Picks

Amélie

Reaction score
So this is direct from Style.com...i'm a bit unsure where to put it so, yeh...
100126040.jpg

Colour Play
Anna Sui was one of the only designers to celebrate fall with a blast of bright color. And how pretty it was, swept across eyes, lips, and cheeks.
100126448.jpg

Side View
Whether tightly combed or loosely swept-back, sophisticated, side-parted hair ruled the runways.
100123968.jpg

Perfect Polish
At Carolina Herrera, all of the details were immaculate: the eyes, the lips, and of course, the hair.
100127302.jpg

Bronze Age
Shimmery bronze officially replaced black as fall's preferred shade for eyelining and smudging.

00340f.jpg

Gucci's Best Of
Who knew Tom Ford was so sentimental? For his last collection, he reprised the fierce, burnished eye and sleek, side-parted bun from his debut Gucci show.
100124503.jpg

The Good Girl
Pretty pink lips looked just right with fall's demure, sexy-secretary clothes. The best shades were somewhere between nude and petal.
100125327.jpg

Royal Flush
Minimal need not mean makeup-free. The easiest way to add finish to a face: a touch of blush.
100124081.jpg

Gold Rush
Oscar de la Renta achieved the extraordinary: full-on glamour (thanks to smudges of gilt at the corner of each eye) that's low-maintenance to boot.

00040f.jpg

Up And Away
This was the season of the updo—from strict ballerina knots at Ralph Lauren to romantic, Medusa-inspired buns at Rochas.
00010f.jpg

Look Sharp
At Valentino, the crisp red lips, precise ink-black-lined eyes, and severe, scraped-back hair were very film noir—and so sexy.

I'm so glad they picked Gucci, I thought the hair and make-up was impeccable.

Is it just me or does most of the make-up look bad up-close. :unsure:
Exceptions, though, are "Perfect Polish", "Side Way", "Good Girl and "Up and Away." :ninja:

agree igni but I think they look bad up close because they aren't meant to be seen up close. just from the runway and in photos :P
:heart: the carolina herrera. have tried that already at home and will be one of my key fall looks. also the ballerina knots :woot:

I love this makeup :woot: absolutely my style of makeup :flower:

tks ebatesy23

Originally posted by ebatesy23@Apr 24th, 2004 - 1:46 pm
100124503.jpg

The Good Girl
Pretty pink lips looked just right with fall's demure, sexy-secretary clothes. The best shades were somewhere between nude and petal.
100125327.jpg

Royal Flush
Minimal need not mean makeup-free. The easiest way to add finish to a face: a touch of blush.
those two are slightly ok, the rest are creepy or sad.

bronze is certainly huge in catwalk but this doesnt mean
it should match the make up :rolleyes:
bronze eyes seem sad and heavy as if someone was crying..
very depressing...

one of my fave makeup was at Bottega Veneta,
they had a variety of styles depending on the face/look/outfit of the model
and all of them were beautiful.

here one for me :heart:

photo from hintmag :flower:

I like wearing bronze eyeshadow but that's because I have dark eyes and skin that is almost bronze-like anyways. :P

Bronze eye make-up can look really nice I think. It's a softer and more natural apporach to the smokey eye but less severe.

Originally posted by Spike413@Apr 25th, 2004 - 6:34 pm
Bronze eye make-up can look really nice I think. It's a softer and more natural apporach to the smokey eye but less severe.
of course it is softer but regardless, it does make the 'red eyes' impression :P

(it may look fine on darker skins but for fair skin, i'd say hmmm .. avoid)

shouldn't this be in the paint your face section?... :unsure:

Originally posted by ebatesy23@Apr 24th, 2004 - 8:46 am

100125327.jpg
i love this look! :heart: :woot: :heart:

the lipstain is wonderful!!!! and the cheeks. wow.

Originally posted by softgrey@Apr 26th, 2004 - 8:26 am
i was thinking about this, but in this topic, hair&make up seems like a 'part' of the designer's collection, so i thought of leaving it here.

do you think we should have it moved guys?
let me hear from you :flower:

pears, i so agree with you on the photo posted , blush is a must :wink:

Originally posted by Lena+Apr 26th, 2004 - 3:34 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Apr 26th, 2004 - 3:34 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Apr 26th, 2004 - 8:26 am
i was thinking about this, but in this topic, hair&make up seems like a 'part' of the designer's collection, so i thought of leaving it here.

do you think we should have it moved guys?
let me hear from you :flower:

pears, i so agree with you on the photo posted , blush is a must :wink: [/b][/quote]
lena... i love blush. it makes everyone look amazing.

and i don't mind this post in this section at all. why be such a stickler, right? makeup is certainly part of a designer's vision... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Apr 26th, 2004 - 2:26 am
yeh, i wasn't sure so i jus stuck it here...i thought it should go there but then there were hair trends here as well...

ditto with lena but maybe we should more it to the "Trends" section?

Originally posted by ebatesy23+Apr 26th, 2004 - 8:27 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ebatesy23 @ Apr 26th, 2004 - 8:27 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Apr 26th, 2004 - 2:26 am
yeh, i wasn't sure so i jus stuck it here...i thought it should go there but then there were hair trends here as well...

ditto with lena but maybe we should more it to the "Trends" section? [/b][/quote]
trends sounds appropriate eva... :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->