Inez & Vinoodh
st: Alex White
model: Raquel Zimmerman

Looks very Lady Gaga.

"Fashion's It Girl"
Steven Klein
st: Alex White
model: Lara Stone

Can't help but think it's very Bardot inspired.

(sorry no cover scan yet!)

Last edited by a moderator:
this isn't a joke right? it's really lara? only lara? like i can go to a news stand and lara's face will be staring at me?
i don't want to get too excited and then be let down.

I am dying from anticipation. Cannot wait to see this! :buzz:

BESTTTT news of the day!!!! I can't WAIT to see what it looks like! After months of celebrity dress-up covers, the editors at W are finally doing something worth-while! I'm so excited that Lara finally gets such a commercial cover ALL to herself! And Let's hope her hair is it's usual blonde and not the black I am dreading to see on the VP September cover!

I'm more curious about Raquel's editorial :buzz:

Bardot Lara will never ever get old for me... oh the suspense!. :woot::woot:

No surprise at all that Steven Klein is shooting the cover... If it is all bondage-themed, I have to admit I will be annoyed, even if my beloved Lara is on the cover. I want to see something unexpected, but have a feeling she will be in all black leather holding a whip and pouting her lips. Still, the fact that she is on the cover trumps everything else. I am BEYONDDDD ecstatic!!! I sincerely hope that this makes up for all of the bad W issues of the last 6 months or so!

Here it is...

<--- Karma button that way. :wink:

Attachments

• laraw.jpg
    laraw.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 218
I have low expectations but I am a bit excited nonetheless.

Oh god.... Not what I was expecting, AT ALL, and not in a good way. The cover is too retro for my taste. It looks like a film still of Bardot in the 1950's. There is really nothing current or contemporary about it. Lara looks beautiful, as usual, but the styling makes her look like a young child dressing up in her granny's frumpy clothes. The whole Chanel Bo Brummel look was not at all attractive on the runway and certainly isn't appetizing in print either. But hey, at least it's not the typical Klein dungeons and whips imagery. And I truly am happy to see Lara on her own cover. She really does look flawless, ignoring the outdated styling.

Thanks SOOO much mainstay :smile:!!

i think it's beautiful!! a softer side of Lara we don't see much at all. can't waaaait for this to show up in my mailbox, it's gonna make my week :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eisabeth
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->