W August 2010 : Rebecca Hall & Jon Hamm by Nathaniel Goldberg

Alasdair McLellan & Jane How create such beautiful, simple images together. It almost makes me feel as though they work in silence. He still shoots film, which captures some sort of personal intimacy you aren't going to get from digital.

and this whole "less focus on fashion" nonsense makes me lose all hope for W that i had (no matter how little).

EXACTLY, this!

W is all things FASHION, I was lamenting how less fashion-focused W
has been in the past year which already led to a terrible drop in quality.

Well, see how it goes, Tonchi.

I'm liking it so far! The editorial is bland but I like anything with Jon in it. Wixson's pics are stunning as well.

I like the other cover try more.

The McLellan ed looks promising.

I love the Jon Hamm, Rebecca Hall shoot. They make a hot couple. It's like the adult version of the Joe Jonas/Demi Lavato Teen Vogue cover.

My favorite is the cafe shot of Jon looking out the window. They both look amazing in that shot. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebecca :wub: so glad to see her here, their ed is quite nice.

"Sweet & Vicious" - what a great way to describe that trashy-glamorous teenage gang of gorgeous girls. Bring me more of them!

Sweet & Vicious is a beautiful editorial. Lindsay is reminiscent of Janice Dickinson and Jerry Hall....Also the cover, it is refreshing with such a naked cover, comparatively sparsely retouched - always liked Goldberg...

the ed is awesome! They look like Southern Belles..in a good way of course

This looks more like Vanity Fair than W . Its great to see fresh faces on the cover, but I don't know who these two are. Still I'm looking forward to see Alasdair McLellan's editorial.

Personally I love the cover and the editorial. They make a gorgeous pair.
For anyone who is too lazy to google, Jon Hamm plays Don Draper in Mad Men (he won a Golden Globe for his portrayal of Don) and Rebecca Hall was in Vicky Cristina Barcelona and in The Prestige, among others.

That Alastair/Jane editorial is gorgeous. I can't believe Barbara Palvin is only 16. :shock:

Sweet & Vicious is a beautiful editorial. Lindsay is reminiscent of Janice Dickinson and Jerry Hall....

There's something about that first shot... God bless that third girl on the left hand side, she's like a spare part - but in terms of Lindsay and Barbara, I've seen them do good work, but right there, I'm seeing something else.

I also like the mood of the main editorial - I think it's rather intriguing that we're going to get celebrities on the cover, but perhaps not the ones we expect. We're trained to think that 'celebrity' means recycled faces and tabloid trashiness, but maybe the magazine is going to try to show us that it doesn't have to be that way.

It's a great photoshoot. I love the one of them in the diner. I still can't believe Rebecca is only 28. If feel bad for saying this but she looks 35. The eye makeup on the cover does her no favours.

I'm looking forward to seeing their movie The Town. Huge Ben Affleck fan here and his first movie Gone Baby Gone was amazing.

W Magazine August 2010
Model: Mariacarla Boscono
Photographer: Paolo Roversi
Stylist: Anastasia Barbieri
Makeup: Sally Branka
Hair: Marc Lopez

92925188.jpg
41778612.jpg

27411725.jpg
98056087.jpg

19420129.jpg
77985846.jpg

womenmanagementblog

I'm pretty intrigued by what I've seen so far. Jon and Rebecca are certainly fresh cover choices, the "Sweet and Vicious" editorial looks awesome, and MCB shines as always, so I'm definitely interested in seeing more of this new W

i loveeeee Mariacarla's ED she looks gorge and i can't wait to see the HQs

What a fresh and inspired choice for the cover. That alone make the cover ok in my book. But also, they look great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"