W Magazine June 2009 : Ginnifer Goodwin by Steven Klein

Meh. I don't like this concept. I didn't even know who Ginnifer is.
The cover shot looks nice though, especially the colours.

Who is she? This is very forced and typical boring Klein, I'm starting to really dislike him which is sad as he is one of the best photogs IMO :(

Mmm, that 5th photo is muy caliente :brows:
Goodwin who? Sorry I only noticed the male models :lol::wink:

What an odd cover girl choice... I like Ginnifer I just never thought I would see her on the cover of W or Amy Adams the month before her.

W magazine has the strangest celeb editorials some times. I like Ginnifer but this editorial is a complete 180 from how she presents herself.

i like the styling though...

Imagine how cool this could have been if they handed Ginnifer over to someone like Mario Sorrenti or Bruce Weber. Sorrenti to capture the ethereal softness of Ginnifer's doll like features or Weber to show her natural, All-American girlishness. Not every photographer's look works with every subject. I "get" that they were perhaps trying to revamp her image or go for something unexpected but for someone who is relatively new to most of the W audience I think it would have been nice if they'd focused on her positives as both a performer and a woman.

What an odd cover girl choice... I like Ginnifer I just never thought I would see her on the cover of W or Amy Adams the month before her.

At least Adams is a legit movie star/actress. Goodwin is so random. Why not Diane Kruger of Zoe Saldana?

Hmmmm, I back from work, so I can finally judge them myself. The pic used for the cover looks good. But the rest of the ed is not Steven Klein's best work. Unorignal and uninspired. Sure the men look hot, but it's not about that. Gennifer looks totally out of place and not even remotely sexy. Very bad.

That woman looks really uncomfortable, is she really an actress? WOW i don't see any emotion on her face...

And I don't think it's Klein's fault. He's amazing. His photographs have a raw, provocative energy. And that's why i love him. I'm a big fan of his work. It's like a visual orgasm. Also, I don't think he's getting boring. Maybe you're not able to see the stories behind the images. The ed. with Lara and Travis was amazing.

Klein always creates a unique vision of sensuality. And i love that! :heart:

By the way, the guys look good. But that woman ruined it! :yuk::sick:

I like the way W went for someone unexpected, but they didn't play to her strengths.

I have no idea who she is and don't like it.
It's the same as usual (Klein's concept), and this girl doesn't stand out to make it look good.
Boys look nice tho...

Here is the final cover result:

wjune2009.jpg

popsugar.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does Klien always do these gang-bang scenarios? It doesnt even work here. I think Ginnifer is cute and can be very sexy but in a different way. He dropped the ball IMO.

Thanks for posting the cover. It looks oaky.

I don't mind the cover, it's just Ginnfer's pictures that bother me.
Even though they have the same style/concept.

by lexposure.net

When we first saw these emotive new polaroids of Storm / Women / Nathalie powerhouse Jourdan Dunn, our minds immediately snapped back to last year, when she took part in two of the most significant moments in the industry: as a cover model of Vogue Italia’s “Black Issue” and as the first black model to grace the Prada runway in many years. Since then, Jourdan has become a Vogue US staple (Most recently on its May cover) and a catwalk queen. Her newest work will apparently arrive within W’s June issue, where she will appear in a 30+ page Craig McDean editorial with a large group of young starlets, including Anna Maria Jagodzinska, Dorothea Barth Jorgensen, Imogen Morris-Clarke, Karlie Kloss, Madisyn Ritland, Mina Cvetkovic, and Sigrid Agren.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! :woot: Jourdan and a 30 page edit with a cast of models??
This thread all of a sudden got more interesting, asides from the male models of course.
-goes back to first page to stare-

The McDean ed sounds very exciting! :buzz:

^An ed with some of the most boring looking models in the industry(not including Jourdan) just doesn't excite me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->