W Magazine June 2009 : Ginnifer Goodwin by Steven Klein

Can't wait to see Madison's debut in W magazine, she's such an interesting new face.

The Cover looks not good the final Cover ,I can´t wait for the editorials :woot:

Imoge,Dorothea,Madisyn WOOW :heart:

i actually like the cover and ed..reminds me of a sleazy 1970s p*rn...not in a bad way of course...Ginnifer rocks it because she looks real not like a model styled to fit into the mold

Is A Ginnifer Goodwin cover really gonna sell more than a model cover would?? It's like US magazines think ANY actress is better than even the hottest supermodel.

^ Thank you I've wanted to say this forever :clap:. Anyway I'm excited for McDean's ed even though it's likely the only ed and studio....

I really like the cover, it's the ed that bothers me.
She looks terrible in basically every shot, and on top of that, I have no idea who she is.

oohh! the models ed. definitely sounds exciting. :smile: can't wait to see it. :smile:

this is terrible, ginnifer is a pretty lady how did they end up making her look so damn ugly and this i don't know rockstar/bad girl/ sexed up look does not suit her at all... very bad!

Ginnifer is really pretty, but Steven Klein tried to turn her into a sex craving lady

I love that Ginnifer is getting a major cover she is so very talented but this does not tap into her appeal at all. I agree with MMA, Klein has gotten boring and predictable with his imagery. It doesn't shock me nor does it particularly appeal to me either. Its just...tired.

I'm going to echo your sentiments Luxx. I'm so incredibly happy that Ginnifer is landing on a cover, as her fashion cred seemed to be building more and more (especially outside of the MJ circle). After all, it's not easy to share a show with Chloe Sevigny and step out from her fashion spotlight.

The cover itself is fine in my opinion. She looks incredibly sexy, and while I wish we could see a bit more of her face, the composition works against the white. The rest of the editorial is a hot mess though and Klein really needs to move it along. This has the same feeling as his work with Lara for her VP Feb. issue (sans blood). The thing is that I technically "get" where he was going with it, sort of like Ginnifer being in charge of both of them (ala Bill and his wives, perhaps?). At the end of the day though, the composition is so blatantly homoerotic that focus shifts from the celebrity to the eye-candy, and that does the editorial a disservice, in my opinion anyway.

All that being said, the McDean editorial will be the HIGHLIGHT of this issue. I believe that Ranya, Sessilee, Tao and Rose are also set to appear in this story. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is A Ginnifer Goodwin cover really gonna sell more than a model cover would?? It's like US magazines think ANY actress is better than even the hottest supermodel.
You know, I was about to come in here and defend my girl Ginnifer but I have to agree with you! Why couldn't Jourdan land the cover instead?

The cover is nice and editorial unexpected of Ginnifer which makes me like it at the same time! I understand plenty of people do not know who Ginnifer is but I felt the sameway when that Blake Lively chick made all those magazine covers, including W...they gotta start somewhere!

I also have no clue who ginnifer goodwin is but I think the cover looks good. I don't really have anything against celebs in covers as long as they are not the same over exposed ones. I am fine seeing new-ish actresses who actually are known for good work (rather than partying and countless photo-ops) especially because they generally havent been coached by their publicist yet to say safe generic stuff in interviews.

Just my opinion, but I don't think Ginnifer was trying to make the "good girl gone bad" theme work... and that is why her ed is so brilliant! Her apple pie charm, and surprising maturity, really stand out in this setting because she isn't trying too hard. It may be a contrived idea, but she seems to be doing her own thing in it, and I love her for it.

I'm SO excited to see the 30-page model edit. I ADORE Madisyn Ritland, and I can't wait to see her shots. I'm so excited that magazines are actually beginning to use her! I am also anticipating Rose and Sigrid, two gorgeous, interesting faces. I wonder if Karolin Wolter will be in this edit? To me, she was the leader of the fresh crop of Spring 2009 girls.

Add me to the torch-wielding mob who has grown tired of Klein's work. It's his signature, I know that, but he's not even doing anything different with his editorial work. He's repeating himself, over and over again. All the repetition is making me hate something that on a purely aesthetic level I quite like.

Not feeling this cover or ed, I think shes cute but this vampy sexed up character does not fit her at all, and seems forced and awkward, the only thing i canr eally say about it is some of styling is great like that McQueen dress. Excited to see the spread with Anna, Jourdan and Sigrid especially:D

This issue is looking a bit better that past issues. The McDean edit sounds great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, let's add to that McDean editorial, shall we?

Bara Holotova, Nimue Smit, and Amanda Laine.

^That's a huge cast, even for a 30 page edit...I wonder if Jourdan is going to be the focus, seeing as how lexposure's piece kind of highlights her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->