W Magazine June 2009 : Ginnifer Goodwin by Steven Klein

Just saw the issue. The editorial is kind of ridiculous - it basically turned into the Sigrid and Karlie show with everyone just acting like props.

Sessilee, Anna Jagodzinska, Tao and Mina didn't make the final edit. But everyone else is there.

The ed looks better than expected, apart from it doesn't really look cohesive at all.

I'm sad all those girls got cut especially Anna (not that she needs it). Excited to see the rest.

^ I share your feelings, but a Vogue cover girl in an editorial featuring new girls (who are not on her level) doesn't make any sense. I'm glad she is not there, maybe she was just misidentified...

^^ But Jourdan was also on the cover, so does that mean she is too big for this ed too?

Yeah but I get your point :P

They cut Sessilee but kept Sigrid? :huh:

I don't care too much about models most of the time, I like who I like and that's kind of it, but I just don't get that choice.

The ed looks decent at least.

Just saw the issue. The editorial is kind of ridiculous - it basically turned into the Sigrid and Karlie show with everyone just acting like props.

Sessilee, Anna Jagodzinska, Tao and Mina didn't make the final edit. But everyone else is there.

Is it possible to give us a review? :flower:

Too bad that some girls didn't make the cut. But the previews from models.com look good.

They cut Sessilee but kept Sigrid? :huh:

I don't care too much about models most of the time, I like who I like and that's kind of it, but I just don't get that choice.

The ed looks decent at least.

ITA. Then again I don't get Sigrid period. She has the same expression everywhere and lacks presence.

But I guess she's the it girl now.

Well I was looking forward to the fall preview editorial.

Seriously...Karlie and Sigrid?:doh::sick: Are you f-ing serious? Clearly McDean was going for dull, forgettable, boring, lifeless, prissy and insipid...there is no other explanation.

I just looked through the multi-girl ed, and it's not bad. There are, as YAARS already said, way too many shots with Sigrid and Karlie, but there are some really good shots once you get over the disappointment.

For the most part it's one shot per designer (one with Dior, one with Lanvin etc.) with 5 or so that are multi designer. I'd say look out for the Lanvin group shot (think of a really chic all-female Mafia). It's gorgeous. Also good are the Balenciaga shot (solo of Karlie), the Nina Ricci page (Karlie and Sigrid), and the Dior page (Ranya, Madisyn, and I think the other two girls are Nimue and Imogen, but don't quote me on those two). And finally, Jourdan and Rose appear in one shot and then they're killed off, so if you're a fan of either of them...sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the Nina Ricci page
6pylas.jpg

newyorkmodelsblog

^^That's a gorgeous shot...except for Karlie...her face just makes me crazy, sorry. And Sigrid, who looks like she still has no idea what exactly a model should do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->