W Magazine Volume #1 2021 : The 'Best Performances' Issue by Juergen Teller

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Riz Ahmed:

Andra Day:

Yay for Riz :smile: hate the styling and how pedestrial the photography is though...

Ah, all of a sudden Vanity's Fair random casting makes sense. Looks like W got a head start and snapped up the real AA frontrunners. Likely Frances will also get a cover.

I like that shirt on Riz. Actually a halfway decent cover as a whole, despite his one eye looking smaller than the other? I thought Teller does no post-production or retouching.
And I want to like Andra's cover but it's full-length and that's a dealbreaker for me.

Jurgen Teller clearly doesn't even want to try anymore because this is as pedestrian as the VI "everyday issue". People doesn't want to look glamorous anymore I guessed.

Riz looks hot, but goshdarn this stupid concept again! I'm all for rawness but this ain't it...

Jurgen Teller clearly doesn't even want to try anymore because this is as pedestrian as the VI "everyday issue". People doesn't want to look glamorous anymore I guessed.
It does seem to be less glamorous than his previous Best Performances issues (thinking about Cate and Lupita's covers from 2014) but you've made a good point. We're in a different place, fashion-wise - we're less glamorous and, of course, we're currently in a pandemic so there is definitely a desire to scale things down even for Teller. Maybe the Roaring Twenties will actually arrive when the pandemic is over.

To be honest, I don't mind it. There's a preview of the others. Michelle and Vanessa look great.

Last edited:
It's really interesting to see LaKeith and Sacha appear on both Vanity Fair and W.

On a side note, Riz :heart: (okay, I'll stop)

Jurgen Teller’s pedestrian photography which doesn’t seem to even understand what an angle is needs to evolve or GTFO of the fashion scene for good.

The only good thing here is that Riz looks hot and I’m ready to sit on his lap.

So Gal´s cover was shot before the fiasco that was 1984 was released? :lol:

I think they only add George to these covers as a 'safe' bet. If all else ails the public at large will always buy his covers, especially this one that alludes to the twins.

Strange to see Gal as well, especially after Imagine. LOL. But then she did book a Vogue cover after Imagine.
all her covers are stunning so the fault lies with Teller. No doubt about that! He even managed to much up the eternally stunning Vanessa Kirby, making her look deranged.

So no Frances then, just as well Vogue got that exclusive.

These are so blah. There’s nothing exciting here, really forgettable covers...

Theres something STRANGE about cars in background of every cover shot. Why? Some ad?

Literally no one thinks Gal Gadot or George Clooney gave notable performances last year.
Initially I thought he just shot people in LA which I imagine would leave them quite restricted in terms of booking Oscar contenders but Vanessa Kirby lives in London so maybe not? I wonder if they asked Viola Davis - she doesn’t seem to be campaigning much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->