W Magazine Volume #3 2020 : Megan Thee Stallion by Colin Dodgson & Dua Lipa by Tim Walker

tipi1355

Reaction score
Megan Thee Stallion by Colin Dodgson, styled by EJ King

wmag_vol3_megan_thee_stallion_cover_rgb.jpg
Source: wmagazine.com

According to their instagram, this is cover 1 of two cover stories.

She's looking great here! Out of all the current female rappers, Megan looks the best in print (still not over that hot i-D cover!).

As for the cover itself, it's nothing groundbreaking obviously. Art direction is really weak, feels empty with just the logo and two headlines.

Its a pretty picture of hers but the styling and text colours are annoying

W Magazine still exists?

Megan looks great, as usual, but this is a bit of a dull cover.

Second cover is Dua Lipa by Tim Walker, styled by Sara Moonves

merlin_175671696_3faf9a94-04d7-49dc-9ca7-9e1bc082dc95-superJumbo.jpg
Source: nytimes.com

W Magazine still exists?

Megan looks great, as usual, but this is a bit of a dull cover.

I had the same question when I saw Megan's cover tonight. NY Times posted an article today that it was just purchased by Bustle Digital Group and a group of investors. Investors include: Karlie Kloss, Kaia Gerber, Lewis Hamilton and Jason Blum (x).

I really dig it! Reminds me of the old W Magazine

though something bothers me with that W logo! It reminds me of something

I thought Tim said he'll be taking a break? Do we have another Julia Nobis on our hands??
Either way, the Dodgson cover is the best so far. Love the retro vibe, but they should've played more to that with retro hair and makeup styling, and poses. The timing of her cover is perfect because WAP is still trending.
Dua Lipa bores me senseless, and it's mainly because she's getting all these fashion covers yet none of it looks groundbreaking.

it was just purchased by Bustle Digital Group and a group of investors. Investors include: Karlie Kloss, Kaia Gerber, Lewis Hamilton and Jason Blum (x).

Yikes, such a motley crew of investors, lol. This is the second business deal for Kaia, unveiled in one week. Can't stand her as a model but mama Cindy taught her well. Modelling is not forever.
Get a new EIC and a new direction!

Does anyone know if this will be a printed issue? Or is it digital only?

Does anyone know if this will be a printed issue? Or is it digital only?

Asked about bringing back any staffers or resuming print publication this year, Lotenberg said there are no plans to do either. “Right now, we’re just taking every day as it comes.” But he praised the staff on hand for “being adaptive and figuring out new ways to work.”

This was before the magazine was sold, so who knows. It's not offered for subcription on the W website, Amazon, or any of the subscription services. I guess it all depends on the new owners to bring print back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->