W Magazine Volume #5 2021 : Kylie Jenner, Travis Scott & Stormi by Renell Medrano

mikel

Reaction score
W Magazine tried to pull this magazine, but it was already printed and send out to some subscribers. They decided in the end not to promote the issue online according to BuzzFeed. The cover leaked and TMZ posted it.

tmz

W did the right thing, but I actually like this. Shot by Renell Medrano

(this issue is selling for hundreds on eBay…)

Last edited:
What happened? I live under a rock.

“Ten people were killed and hundreds injured at Travis Scott’s Astroworld music festival in Houston, Texas, at NRG Park on Friday, November 5, after concertgoers surged toward the stage around 9:30 p.m. during the rapper’s headlining set. The dead ranged in age from 14 to 27. Twenty-five people were hospitalized. Eight were confirmed dead on November 5. A ninth victim died on November 10, according to her family’s attorney, after previously being declared brain-dead. The tenth victim, a 9-year-old who had been in a medically-induced coma, died November 14. Some people appear to have been trampled, authorities said. About 50,000 people were attending the show.”
Everything We Know About the Astroworld Tragedy So Far

“Ten people were killed and hundreds injured at Travis Scott’s Astroworld music festival in Houston, Texas, at NRG Park on Friday, November 5, after concertgoers surged toward the stage around 9:30 p.m. during the rapper’s headlining set. The dead ranged in age from 14 to 27. Twenty-five people were hospitalized. Eight were confirmed dead on November 5. A ninth victim died on November 10, according to her family’s attorney, after previously being declared brain-dead. The tenth victim, a 9-year-old who had been in a medically-induced coma, died November 14. Some people appear to have been trampled, authorities said. About 50,000 people were attending the show.”
Everything We Know About the Astroworld Tragedy So Far
Thank you. Horrible, I'm so sorry.

Is this the only cover for this edition? And what will happen to the other contents inside?

Is this the only cover for this edition? And what will happen to the other contents inside?

It appears they chose a photo from a different editorial from the issue, shot by Tim Walker, and set it as the new cover for the issue. Not sure if it will be printed or just available digitally, though. There’s another thread for it.

Local news talked more about politics, economy, elections and the pandemic, but they talked a bit about what happened. I'm so sorry, I googled about the incident and it's so disturbing that I can't keep reading. W did the best choice. It's so sick.

Lol I love this, quite iconic to be honest. It's been a looooooong time since we last had a scandalous issue of a fashion magazine.

Why is he sniffing her belly?

He's not sniffing her, he's touching her pregnant belly (very awkwardly, though).

So that's why they haven't released any new issue since the Dolly cover...

Yeah...looks very much like the Brad and Angelina story back in the day. Photographers now don't have a single original idea in their stupid heads.

Even the Klein editorial with Pitt and Jolie was taking inspiration from existing work*. There's nothing new under the sun. I think in this case, it's clear the Kylie/Travis/Stormi shoot isn't trying to hide the Pitt/Jolie shoot inspiration, given that they chose to do it with the same magazine.

mydesignfix.com

wmagazine.com

So this issue will be a profitable item for magazine flippers… The price on ebay has already rocked high, although I wonder how many people would actually pay that price for it.

The ones that are selling this are stupid and insensitive

This kinda reminds me when Rolling Stone put a mass shooter on their cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->