W Magazine Volume #6 2019 : Frank Ocean by Tim Walker & Rosalía by Willy Vanderperre

Got this in the mail today. 128 pages.

Review:

"Rosalia"
P: Willy Vanderperre
S: Katie Grand
story by Lynn Hirschberg

"Frank Ocean"
P: Tim Walker
S: ??

"Everyone Is Welcome"
P: Tim Walker
S: Sara Moonves
M: Adwoa Aboah, Edie Campbell, Aaron Phillip, Tess McMillan, Kiki Willems, Isabella Rossellini, young "talents" street-cast, Bobbi Salvor Menuez, Maartje Convens, Alek Wek, Achok Majak, Ugbad Abdi, Grace Bol, Efosa Uwubamwen, Mayowa Nicholas, Shanelle Nyasiase

"One of a Kind"
Chloe Sevigny by Luca Guadagnino
Willow Smith, Jonah Hill, Jean-Paul Goude photographed themelves
Tracee Ellis Ross by Maripol
various other people

"This is the New Country"
P: Angelo Pennetta
S: Sara Moonves
Kacey Musgraves

last page is Jana Julius styled by Carlyne Cerf

Also, an article and pictures on the Jamie Hawkesorth edition of Joan Didion's "On Keeping a Notebook," article on Peter Berlin
Can you post a pic of the new masthead?

Despite the introduction of the revised logo (which I happen to love), this just feels like yet another issue under Stefano Tonchi. There appears to be no real departure from the Tonchi era, whatsoever. The two covers are dreadful, a total non-event for an editor's first issue. Yawn!

Flipped through the issue, its terrible for a first issue. The reintroduction of the old logo was a good start for me.

Sara was given the opportunity to make a statement - that the Tonchi days are over. However, her work turned out to be a mere extension of the Tonchi days. A shadow to say the least.

If you are not up to date with the ins and outs of the industry, one could easily presume that this cover is under Tonchi who yet again decided to change the logo for the third time.

However, what do we expect from a person who worked under Tonchi and aided the latter in producing those mess for the last few years?

Flipped through the issue, its terrible for a first issue. The reintroduction of the old logo was a good start for me.

Sara was given the opportunity to make a statement - that the Tonchi days are over. However, her work turned out to be a mere extension of the Tonchi days. A shadow to say the least.

If you are not up to date with the ins and outs of the industry, one could easily presume that this cover is under Tonchi who yet again decided to change the logo for the third time.

However, what do we expect from a person who worked under Tonchi and aided the latter in producing those mess for the last few years?

I hope she at least bothered to update the art direction INSIDE the issue as well. God knows the magazine used to be a mess. You have a one-page beauty plug right between long-form written content, and the issue closing (literally) with editorials. Incredible, considering Tonchi actually did have experience working on other magazines.

any inside pictures??... anyone?
where can i find a free download of this pdf? on zinio it's 9.99 for that price i should have the physical... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->